Sunday, November 14, 2010

Everyday

Everyday Rooster asks, "Where's _____________?" Fill in the blank with her favorite loved one currently not in front of her. Most often her dad.

"Mom, where's dad?" "Mom, where's Tyler?" "Mom, where's Austin?" "Mom, where's Emma?" "Mom, where's dad?"

She has to know where her family is all the time. "Mom, where's my dad?!!"



Everyday Spencer asks to eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches. When he wakes up first thing in the morning, always for lunch and every snack in between.

Everyday Emma tells me how much she loves school. Sometimes its shown in classic Emma notes placed in special spots for me to find. Often in her actions to never be late and never miss school despite laying on the floor with stomach cramps. But mostly it is declared, "I just love school!"

Everyday Austin laughs at, makes up, and shares ridiculous potty humor. For example, "Mom, if you take this word and add these letters and take away that letter then you could spell RESTROOM! BAHHHaHaHaHa!!!" What?!?! Seriously not funny.



Everyday Ruth looks more and more like an orphan. She refuses to let me brush her hair. She wants to pick a battle over everything she wears (I refuse to fight that one!) And inevitably will end up in jammie pants before the day is over (can't really say that I blame her.) Everyday Ruth says, "Mom, my hair is CRAZY."

Everyday Spencer asks if its Wednesday (gymnastics day!) even though he long ago mastered the concept of days of the week.



Everyday Emma Lynn is wearing pants to school more and more. It is not exclusive yet but definitely about half and half. I know it's silly but it makes me sad. The ending of an era.



Everyday Austin and I exchange the following at bed time, "Te amo un millon __________ {insert latest and greatest Spanish word learned here.}"

EVERYDAY has the potential to be busy, crazy, exhausting and amazing.

8 comments:

TulsaT said...

I love the family pic.

'T' said...

Rachel, How beautifully you've captured these kids! I'm sure the photographer is YOU. Fun to hear updates on them. Might steal this idea??

T

mom said...

EVERYDAY I pray for our beautiful grandchildren in Vale, Oregon! Thanks so much for sharing!

Kelli said...

Great post! These kids sure are growing up. Emma's hair is getting so long. I could use a pb&h sandwhich too Spency!

Elliot and Traci said...

LOVE this post! My favorite might be Austin's picture with the potty humor description. Ha!

Marti Bair said...

Thanks for sharing. You are so talented.

Ben and Elaine said...

Sounds like everyday is full of humorous, memorable moments. Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

Karen and Roger said...

you are so funny rachel! that's why your kids are a riot. this is definitely one of my favorite posts. :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...