Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Like his mother

Austin was invited to be apart of his school's "Book Bloggers" club. They read a book, meet each week and blog in a forum setting.

The club started today. The first book they are reading is "The Dog Who Thought He was Santa" by Bill Wallace. Austin told me, in great disbelief, that their first meeting took all of recess and part of SSR {Sustained Silent Reading which is one of his most favorite parts of the day.}

But obviously he didn't mind because he finished his first reading assignment before he got home. Almost better than reading {but not quite} is the blogging.

There were 17 comments made today and 5 of them were made by Austin. Most sentences were followed by an excessive use of exclaimation points.

Mrs. Wilson who is the librarian conducting the Book Club said, "I am so excited to get started and I can see that Austin is excited to start blogging."

He definitely gets that from his mother.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Way to go Austin! That is so awesome that he likes to blog. If I could only read what he was writing that warrants unneccessary exclamation points. I do understand that kind f excitement. Sometimes I want to do it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'T' said...

blogging really is fun.

Marti Bair said...

You should ask your school librarian about the Oregon Battle of the Books. If not for this year (must register by the end of the month for March competition) but for the future. Austin would love it.

Ben and Elaine said...

Austin is such a stud. I'm so glad Ontario has programs like this to excite him and encourage his growth. I too wish I could read his posts... and I should probably start blogging again if my 7 year-old nephew is doing it. :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...