Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankgiving Program

Every year in preschool we put on a Thanksgiving Program. I like this for 2 main reasons: I love Thanksgiving and the opportunity it gives me to teach about being grateful. And secondly it takes away any pressure to do a Christmas program and we all know December is busy enough as it is!

This was my third Thanksgiving Program and I finally felt like we got it right. The first year was a flop, the second a dud and miraculously it came together on the third try. Kurt came into the kitchen after the program where I was pouring drinks to give me a high five. It made me laugh, "Yay, you finally did it!"

I was really proud of the oldest kids who put on "The First Thanksgiving" play. Each of them had their lines memorized so well and did a fabulous job. Spencer opened the play by saying, "This is the story of the first Thanksgiving. The Pilgrims have just arrived on their boat called the Mayflower. They came to the new world called America."


I just think this kid is sooo cute!

Braxton and Brooke also did a wonderful job (they all did!) Brooke is a natural on stage. :)




Thank you Kurt for always being my right hand in everything I do. You are amazing, beyond super supportive, loving, forgiving and gracious. I am so thankful for you!

3 comments:

mom said...

HIGH FIVES TO YOU! Yep, Spencer is one cute kid! I agree!!!
HaPpY ThAnKsGiViNg!
We all are very happy to be in the same family with YOU!
Gobble, gobble!(translated - love you)

Ben and Elaine said...

So cute! Spencer your awesome, congrates on memorizeing your lines and giving such a great performance. I'm glad it was such a success Rachel, congrates to you!

Kelli said...

So sad we were sick and missed it! Cute costumes, I bet the play was precious.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...