Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Real Estate Ulcer

Back in October Kurt and I started talking about buying some land {70 acres} on 6th Ave West {right next to Jeff and Julie.} We would build {eventually} and make it into our dream spot. It felt like the life we moved to Vale to have {living close to family and teaching our kids how to work hard.}

We had a purchase agreement signed and ready for over a month now. The owner still hasn't signed it. Obviously he is not anxious to sell. Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

Tuesday night when Kurt got home from work he handed me the print out of a foreclosed house that had just gone on the market days before. He had already set up a time to look at in the morning with our Realtor.

It was built in 2007, 4000 sq ft with 10 acres and it is in Ontario. {I could get the kids to school in 10 minutes!} The 10 acres is all mountain with the house on the very top. The view is breathtaking! The walls in the kitchen, living room and master bed room facing the view is ALL windows to capitalize on the view. Breathtaking.

Ok so there are lots of things that I love about the house. And so does my husband. He has been back to the house daily, some days multiple trips, since the first visit. We signed papers the SAME afternoon that we first saw it {Wednesday.} Mainly to secure our options so no one else would take it from us. {If we decide to walk away we will not lose our ernst money.} Now we are suppose to be praying about it to decide if it is the right decision for our family. Even though I'm pretty sure my husband has already decided.

I really don't like being the practical one. The fact that we already OWN one house makes me hesitate {and stress out.} Did the boat really need to be rocked? And why does everything have to be so RUSHED?! We'll see what happens. Meanwhile I'm nursing my ulcers.

4 comments:

'T' said...

Oh how exciting! Hope all works out!

Krystal said...

That is so exciting but I will be super sad for you to move but I do go to ont alot.

TulsaT said...

I have also developed a real estate ulcer and it seems to be getting angrier and bigger with each passing week. Its a huge decision, but i know you will make the right choice and it will all work out. Remember,

"Faith in God includes faith in His timing."

Tia J said...

That is exciting if you like the house and don't have to build. It will all work out it always does. Good Luck

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...