Thursday, January 6, 2011

Talking with Rooster

Sometimes, like lately, it seems like I forget how big my Rooster girl is getting. She'll be 3 next month. We have been having so many great conversations lately. Or maybe I had more time to talk with her this week (minus preschool in my life.) Regardless I had to record a few of my favorites:

Mom: Roost, thank you! You are such a big helper.

R: {matter-of-factly} Yes. I am you friend.

~~~

R: You baby in you tummy?

Mom: Yes.

R: The baby make you sick?

Mom: I'm feeling okay right now.

R: Can I sit on your lap then?

~~~

Her stomach started making noise, she looked up in surprise:

R: The girl in my tummy is talking.

Mom: Sweetheart, only mom has a baby in her tummy right now. Your stomach was just talking to you, teling you it is hungry.

R: Oh. Okay.

{her stomach rumbles again}

R: My stomach is thirsty, too!

~~~

This girl is so super silly. And the next minute so super sassy. It can be a whirlwind just to keep up. "Aye, hormonia" as her father would say.


"My head is too heavy."


Bedtime Tunes

Sleeping with coupons
{NO, this was not posed and YES, I am creating a monster.}

"I LOVE my coupons!"


Life certainly isn't dull.

3 comments:

mom said...

So funny! What 2 1/2 year old falls asleep with coupons!!!
Nice you recorded this! Hugs n love!

Kelli said...

I love this post. I'm so glad Roost is your friend. I love that girl!

'T' said...

i love this age! those candid shots were so fun... i saw emma in the towel head one, and spencer in the last one. what will baby #5 look like i wonder?

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...