Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sweet Miracles

It seems like a week of sweet miracles for Emma Lynn.

Tuesday was her FIRST CLOGGING class ever. This was nothing short of a small miracle in itself. It probably made me more happy than it should but I'm excited! :D Since her miraculous stage debut in December with 4 Rivers I have had wishful hopes that she would want to return to the stage. That coupled with some of her besties also taking clogging she agreed.

She was timid to start and I kept hoping that she would at least move. But slowly she got more into it. At least she started moving! Good progress. She is highly anticipating the the next class so I would say that is definite progress.





That night after we got home pain set in quickly. She was going to the bathroom frequently and it terrible amounts of pain. Yikes. Definitely all the signs of a UTI. Not fun for anyone especially a little girl. There was much screaming and wailing and gnashing of teeth {those of you who know Emma know that I am not exaggerating even slightly. I'm just grateful that she rarely gets sick.} This was about 9:30 pm and I had no idea how we were going to make it through the night. Neither did she. "I CAN'T DO THIS!!!" "I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!!!" Man, it was going to be a llooonnnnngggggggg night.

I asked Kurt to give her a blessing because I didn't know how else we would surviving until the Dr. office opened the next morning. She managed to minimize the wailing to whimpers so we could hear the prayer. Austin was unable to fall asleep with all the commotion so we invited him to join us. Within 2 minutes after the blessing Emma was able to fall asleep. I definitely felt that was a miracle. Since Austin still wasn't asleep I used this opportunity to teach.

"Do you hear how quiet she is now?" "Ya." "The blessing helped her calm down and fall asleep." "The priesthood is cool."

The calmness continued through the morning as we had to wait until 10:30 to get in to see the Dr. {She didn't have a fever so I didn't take more urgent steps.} At one point when she was in a lot of pain she asked me to pray for her again. And the calmness returned. I'm grateful for her faith and that she was able to gain control of a hard situation for her.

She definitely had a UTI and the infection had already entered her kidneys. Luckily she did not have a fever so we didn't have to take more drastic measures {like shots and hospitalization.} I know the blessing aided in helping lessen the severity of her infection.

And lastly I'm grateful that it has continued to be a teaching opportunity as I can bare testimony of the power of the priesthood and how blessed we are to have a worthy priesthood holder in our home & family. Sweet miracles.

2 comments:

'T' said...

Emma, When I was going to have my first baby I got a horrible ear infection. It was very painful. It was also late and night. I had my husband give me a Priesthood blessing and the pain stopped right away and I was able to go to sleep. I went to the doctor the next day and got medicine that helped. I have had many experiences like this with Priesthood Blessings and know they are real. I'm so glad your daddy was able to give you one and I hope you are feeling a lot better! Good luck as you start your clogging class. You will have a lot of fun with your friends. I bet your teacher is really neat. Lots of Love, Tiniel (your mom's friend)

sochie said...

Thanks so much for sharing that sweet story. Emma seems to be a very smart and mature little girl. Glad to hear that she got the help she needed and could get better. Rachel, i just think you are an amazing mommy! what lucky kids they are to call you mom :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...