Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bummer Week

This week was slightly a bummer week. A bit of a let down after such an amazing race weekend.

First off hours after landing home I had a violent stomach flu. It wiped me out. It wasn't until Thursday that I felt completely better. Positive note: at least it didnt start on the plane!!


welcome home/sickie snuggles from Spence

Second, I was pulled over on Thursday for speeding. I'm almost embarrassed to admit how fast I was going...80 in a 50 speed zone. And yes I got a ticket and yes I completely missed Spencer's class birthday party. Positive note: SeƱora Brito extended the party.



And third, a 80 pound metal part fell on my foot Saturday morning in Nampa when I was picking up parts for Kurt. When they put it in the trunk of my suburban they didn't lay it down flat and so when I opened the trunk to put the groceries in it fell out and onto my foot. It really,really hurt. I think I went into shock. I gingerly walked around the rest of the day. By the time I went to the young women's broadcast it was really starting to hurt. With the spirit of the meeting and the pain I was a wreak. After the meeting I couldn't even walk on it. My sweet friend Becca came over to see if I was ok and I just started bawling. After taking Advil, and icing it Kristin and Jen got me out to the pick up so Becca could drive me home (I couldn't even move my foot enough to push down on the gas pedal.) Our home teacher came over and I had blessing. I am doing much better today. I am still hobbling around but I hope each day will get better (so I can be running again soon!) Positive note: at least it didn't happen last week BEFORE the race, that would have been devastating. The power of priesthood is REAL. I know that's the only reason why I can walk today.


Right after it happened - I sent this text and picture to Kurt, "Your stupid part fell on my foot!"


Today

But hey, even though it was a bummer week I found a positive note - you always can if you look for it. This week is spring break, it's gonna be so much better!

4 comments:

'T' said...

Congrats on you race! SOOO sorry about the bummer week. The flu and an injury? I'm so sorry!

mom said...

Sorry Rae! I got a speeding ticket last week too. It was 5 MILES OVER! ugh. Ridiculous!!! I haven't found a bright spot though. I need to follow your example. Happy you could have a blessing. warm hugs

Karen and Roger said...

Everyone is getting tickets! (I may or may not be admitting that we got another ticket. At least you were brave enough to mention it on your blog. We didn't even do that. :D) But I'm not going to let Roger look at your blog because it will remind him of when we got ours and he'll just be upset all over again. Lol.

Sorry about the stupid part. >:(

Ben and Elaine said...

Sorry about your crummy week. Sounds awful...

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...