Saturday, March 31, 2012

Malheur County Princess

On Friday my girls went to Princess Camp as part of the Miss Malheur County Pageant. My friends are the directors and I was happy to support them in this. Plus my girls love being princesses {who doesn't come on!} They got to decorate a paper crown, meet Miss Oregon, learn a dance to perform the next day at the pageant and take their picture with Miss Oregon. My girls loved it more than I anticipated. Emma was awe struck with Miss Oregon. "Mom, she is so beautiful." She also knew that they would be picking a new Miss Malheur County Princess for 2012. She kept talking about it and was disappointed when she found out it wasn't going to happen that night.

Listening to Miss Oregon Lucy loved the balloons!
The 2011 princess {and friend!} Katelynn Saturday was the pageant day.

I was there all day helping the contestants back stage so a friend brought Emma and Ruth over {Kurt was at the priesthood session of conference.} We quickly did their hair in the dressing room and got them ready to dance with Miss Oregon in the opening number.



At the end of the of pageant they drew a new princess and low and behold it was my own Princess Emma Lynn as the new Malheur County 2012 Princess. We will be going to Seaside, Oregon the last week in June for the Miss Oregon competition! She is SO excited!!! I'm happy for her. "Mom, I just knew I was going to win. I had my fingers crossed the whole time on stage. I just knew it!" She received flowers and a crown and has been glowing ever since.




I was happy that Ruth actually danced on stage. I have caught her doing the dance while we are driving and other times inbetween. We all have the crazy song stuck in our head. Fun times ahead.

3 comments:

TulsaT said...

Next stop...Toddlers and Tiaras! Just kidding! Congrats Emma!

mom said...

Congratulations Emma Lynn! We're so happy for you. Wonderful that you could share the fun day with your sister too. You both are beautiful girls inside and out! hugs!!

Karen and Roger said...

YEAH EMMA! That's so fun. I really love the picture of the three little girls and Ruth is giving Emma a side wise glance. Haha! Your girls are cute! It's fun they had their sashes say their names too!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...