Monday, July 8, 2013

w27: Waiting

June 30 - July 6, 2013

Our Summer of Service Day 35 {06.30}
We wanted to make an inspired visit that afternoon. Kurt said we needed to visit grandma Miles. As we walked in the door Grandma was in distress. Grandpa was in the bathroom and couldn't get up. Kurt was able to help and calm grandmas troubled nerves. He gave them each a blessing before we left. We don't always see the immediate benefits of a spirit led visit. But today we did as we were an answer to grandmas prayer. 

First observe then serve. What a beautiful teaching moment for our kids.


Our Summer of Service Day 36 {07.01}
After family home evening Kurt and I made another spirit led visit to a friend {with a non-member husband} who recently had a baby. Luckily the husband was home too and Kurt was able to visit with him.

That day it was a CRAZY 111 degrees. In planning for that madness the kids and I went to Nampa to a museum followed by a swimming pool. Unfortunately the museum is closed Monday during the summer. :( So we all went shopping instead {doesn't that sound fun prego with 5 kids.} But we found some good deals on shoes for the kids for school this fall. Then we headed to the pool. It was the most perfect way to spend such a ridiculously hot day. 

Marti, Braxton and Brooke met us there and its always fun to have cousins around.






After getting ice cream on the way home they all promptly fell asleep. Kea also ended up spending the night. The kids love having her around and it worked out perfectly since she was babysitting early the next morning.

Our Summer of Service Day 37 {07.02}
After a Doctor appointment I picked up treats for the kids and Kea. I got extra that we delivered for the RPM employees to say THANKS for all your hard work. :)

Appointment went well. Dilated to a 3 now and still 80% effaced. She striped my membranes which I've never had done before. So we just keep waiting now.

Apparently my girls cannot live without dance. So they might be taking class during the month of July from the Artistic Dance Academy in Nyssa. The owner is the dance teacher {Emma's ballet teacher} from school. They have a tiny tot class for 2-3 year olds. Yes Lucy is doing it. Oh. My. Goodness. it is complete cuteness.

I told her we were going to dance class and she asked me, "Can I dance too?" How fun to say YES!! She loves having her own leotard and tutu. Her sisters have groomed her well for dance class. She followed the teacher perfectly and will be performing with the class twice in July. 



We stayed for Ruth and then Emma Lynn to also attend class. They have an actual barre in their studio and Ruth was in heaven. She jumped right in and didn't miss a beat. The teacher told me before hand that my older girls probably wouldn't be ready to perform with the class. She came up to me afterwards and said they did wonderfully and could perform. {Slight proud mama moment.}  Ruth asked the teacher if she could sit and watched Emma's class. She just wanted to soak it all in. I'm seriously thinking of putting a barre in their bedroom. ;)

Our Summer of Service Day 38 {07.03}
My friend's father-in-law funeral was today and we made a large salad and dessert for the family dinner afterwards. My little chefs helped me. Spence is always the photographer.


Washed and put away all of Jane's clothes. I think that was the very last item on the TO-DO list. Car seat in the suburban and packed bags mocking me every time I walk by them. Officially waiting for her arrival. 

Cindy stopped by and picked up the kids for a few hours. I continued to clean. Then we went to pick up Kurt to go swimming {and stay cool!}  It was the first night of the rodeo and the pool was closed so the kids made their own splash pad on our concrete when we got home.








Our Summer of Service Day 39 {07.04}
Happy Birthday to the Land that I LOVE!

I woke up at 3:30 with irregular contractions which got more regular but evidently died off around 7. This is SO frustrating for me. Mainly because it is completely out of my control and there is not a single thing I can do about it. As I was walking early that morning and enjoying a gorgeous sunrise I remember a lesson uBer important:

I have often wondered why mothers are required so much sacrifice physically and spiritually in carrying, delivering and raising their children. Gently the reminder came {as it has before} that the Lord sacrificed ultimately by giving his Son for me. My small sacrifice through motherhood is a reminder of that and also gives me added strength, understanding and humility as I prepare {once again} to bring another choice spirit into the world. Days later I can see that this early morning struggle was important {necessary} for me in my spiritual preparation for Jane's arrival.

Both wards always have a breakfast on the 4th of July. I was exhausted by the time we needed to leave so I went back to bed while Kurt took the kids in {thank you!}

The rest of the afternoon was pretty relaxed. We had a nice lunch together with the typical fixing of hamburgers, watermelon, salad and corn.} The 4th of July bingo was also a great hit.



Then we prepared for the annual parade in Vale. Kurt, Emma Lynn, Spencer and Ruth walked as pioneers with the church float in the parade. Austin, Lucy and I performed the ultimate service by following the horses in the parade and scooped their poop. Gotta love Cub Scouts!





After the parade we headed over to the rodeo grounds. Spencer and Braxton were signed up to do the Mutton Bustin {ride a sheep as long as they could.} It was the first time for both. They managed to hold on for a little big and didn't get hurt. A success!
                                       











 As soon as the boys rode Lucy, Bryler and I left {way too hot!} The rest stayed for the rodeo and got home at 11 pm. They had a great time and wanted to go all the rest of the nights but that was definitely enough rodeo for Kurt and I.

Our Summer of Service Day 40 {07.05}
Again my early morning hours were filled with contractions and eventually led to nothing. The frustration made me super grumpy. I had a hair cut and pedicure {for Kerri's birthday} scheduled that morning and honestly that did help improve my mood.

When I got home I took a nap {hard life, I know.} When I woke up I found my three cute girls in the kitchen with aprons on making brownies. "Its a secret for you mom!" Lucy quickly explained. So grateful and touched to be the receiver of my kids "first observe then serve" action that day. Emma kept asking Ruth questions while they were making them. That made me smile. PS The brownies were delicious.
                                     

Our Summer of Service Day 41 {07.06}
Grandpa Miles birthday.  We went out to visit. There was also lots of other family there so it turned into a mini reunion which made for a great birthday for grandpa.



~~~~ Romans Reflections ~~~~~
accidentally deleted the note I keep on my cell phone with all the little things I don't want to forget.  Super sad. Trying to remember on my own...

~ Lucy is our singer and is adding new songs to her repertoire each week. The latest is Book of Mormon Stories {with actions.} The best part is that she is not afraid to share or perform.

~ Conversation as we were driving:
E: I hope I don't ever grow up to be a teenager.
A: It will be seriously painful.
M: As long as you make good choices it can be fun.

~ While watching "Phineas and Ferb" Spence ran into his room, stripped off his clothes and changed into his Phineas and Ferb underwear. Now he was ready to watch the movie.

~ Lucy has been asking permission to do everything, 
"Can I go to sleep now?" 
"Can I sing a song?"
"Can I eat a cookie?"
"Can I read a book?"
"Can I go outside?"

~ Lucy tells me, "Mom you are so big." She is quiet for a minute or two and then changes her mind, "Mom you are small. Dad YOU are so big!"

~ While talking about tithing at dinner one night Emma Lynn mentioned something about, "when I go on a mission..." This is the first time she has ever voiced a desire to serve a mission. Pretty cool.

                                   
                                     Late summer nights means Lucy passes out anywhere and everywhere.

2 comments:

Joseph Richards said...

Kudos to you for doing a post when you are so far along!! Sorry it has been so hot!! That is no fun. Glad you have taken a nap here and there. You should do more of that. Looks like your girls enjoy their dance classes. Congrats to Spence on the mutton busting and funny story about the underwear.
Hope Jane comes soon and you are able to stay cool and comfortable.

Karen and Roger said...

Echoing Joseph's comment, I hope Jane comes soon too! This is the week! We're lucky to have two cute girls come into our family this year. And I'm glad your girls made you brownies. :) They're so good. Take a nap today! We love you!

P.S. Spencer striping down for his movie was not at all surprising. Lol!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...