Monday, December 9, 2013

w48: My Gratitude list part FOUR

November 24 - 30, 2013

Day 24
I'm thankful for this irrestible baby girl and the sweet peace and completion she brings our family and my heart. And I'm so thankful that she is getting happier. She is smiling, laughing and interacting and we all eat it up.



Day 25
I'm thankful conveniences that make my life easier. Dish washer, washing machine, iPhone, ice maker in my frig and this baby bumbo. We are borrowing it from Marti. Its great until she learns to sit up because she feels big and it frees my hands to get dinner made.

Day 26
I'm thankful for modern medicine.



She was pretty sure this was her personal stage & microphone.

Day 27
I'm thankful for early morning snuggles. Before I had school kids this happen almost daily. Now its a rare occurrence. Which makes it all the more precious to me. We were able to snuggle because there was NO SCHOOL {for thanksgiving break! Now THAT is something to be thankful for!!}


I'm thankful for a random gift that showed up at our door steps. We are honey LUVERS around here!

We spent most of the day cleaning for company coming and Thanksgiving dinner preparations. Emma was in charge of the kids table and she did a great job making a list and planning everything out. Ben and Elaine and family arrived around midnight. I was up in my room working on a few projects and didn't hear them come in. Around 2 am I was really starting to worry and went through the house and found that they had indeed arrived. Phew!

Day 28 ~~Happy Thanksgiving!~~
I'm thankful for good FOOD in our bellies and in our cupboards.


We started the morning out with a Turkey Trot. We decided to hold our own instead of drive to Ontario. Time and money wise it proved to be a wise choice. We started around 9 am and it was still plenty brisk. We ran down to the highway and back for a 3 mile run. These littles join the fun with a few short cuts and piggy back rides {Ben is very generous!}

Not loving this picture of myself but hopefully it'll keep me motivated to lose the last 10 pounds of baby weight. Apparently this is the face of reality right now.

After quick showers we all got to work in the kitchen. Sam made yam, Ben the potatoes, Elaine pumpkin roll and cookies, Kurt the turkey, stuffing, vegetables, Me cherry pie, kids and I fruit and veggie platters.



 These 3 did more eating of little cuties than helping!

 The olives started to go before I got a picture. As always it was a hot item!
 The kids table



 Emma drew up placemats for the 4 oldest kids plus I printed out some mad libs. It was a big hit.



 Spencer reading me his finished mad lib {for the 3rd time.}
 Jane's first thanksgiving!
Kurt invited some investigators to join us: Alfredo and Lucy & their 2 little boys {ages 3 & 1}. They don't know English. I was so proud of the way our kids jumped in to interact & speak Spanish with their boys.
 Playing Bingo
 Siblings
After lunch movie with grandpa

That evening the Drapers came over for dessert. The guys might have even had a bonding moment. Maria and I were silently {and openly} celebrating. ;) It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are blessed beyond measure.

Day 29
I am thankful for good clean fun.

That morning I officially dubbed it Santa's workshop by busting out the Christmas music and crafts. I've decided its a much better use {and new tradition} of Black Friday than shopping madness. Ben & Elaine took all the kids outside for some shooting fun. Naturally it was a big hit!

That afternoon we decided to go see "Frozen" a new Disney movie that came out the day before Thanksgiving. All the theaters were sold out when we got there {lines outside the building!} So I prepaid for our tickets for the next showing and we went bowling until it was time for it to start. Spencer schooled us all with a score of 138!



Frozen was SO cute! I highly recommend that everyone go see it. I didn't realize it was going to be a musical. So fun. Kurt was at a Spanish baptism that evening.

Day 30
I'm thankful for church callings and the opportunity for service, growth and friendship.

I took pictures of the Farnsworth that morning and then they left at noon. We loved having them come. It was a perfect Thanksgiving treat and I'm so thankful we could be together. Thanks for making the drive and effort. LOVE you!


That evening we went to Nyssa for the baptisms of Trevor, Colten and Ambrie. I stayed after for the Stake Dance. I had an AH-HA moment when talking with one of the youth at the dance. She said that some of us just come to socialize. And I realized that that's OK. I was always trying to get the youth to dance and it was frustrating and sometimes stressful. But really we are providing a good place for the youth to hang out and interact. That might just be enough for some. And I feel peace about it.

What a great month of gratitude. My heart is full.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...