Tuesday, March 11, 2014

All About RUTH

week 8: February 23 - March 1

After crashing at Elaine's we woke up and went to the 9 am church right up the road. It was not Elaine's ward but it didn't really matter. The kids channeling their ward conference skills and went to Primary without any problems. Lucy cracks me up because she takes off for a dead run as soon as she sees the nursery room, never looking back and sometimes saying bye. Although she's never said this, her actions are screaming: "I can't wait to get out of sacrament meeting! I'm outta here!" Meanwhile in RS they were shocked that we didn't know anyone in the ward and just showed up. "Well an extra welcome to you!" Hahahaha After church we got back on the road, homeward bound. It was nice to have the day broken up. We got home around 8 pm.


By the time we got home the kids had put together their own language that was made up of a series of signs and slaps. The things you do for entertainment.

Monday for Girl Scouts was a surprise good-bye party for Natalee, Emily and Dawn Aalagaard. Dawn has become a good friend. She is an amazing lady and I've been touched by her goodness. She will definitely be missed. All the troops contributed to make Dawn feel special.




Kurt picked Spencer up from the school as we were finishing the party. They had a surprise daddy date as part of his birthday present. They went to a Harlem Globe trotter's game in Boise. Spencer loved it and totally ate it up!




"The game was funny. They were always doing trick plays. They were smart and intelligent. I liked when the kids got to try to make a hoop. It was an awesome game! 121 to 115 {I think.}"

Tuesday morning Ruth had a DR appointment. She has had a random fever on and off. Since January she has missed at least one day of school each week because of this. She is constantly exhausted, and has little appetite. My gut was telling me it was something more and so I made an appointment. Dr. Sage listened to her lungs for quite a while before diagnosing pneumonia and doing a neutralizer treatment.  I was surprised because she hasn't really been coughing and I didn't even think about it being an option.. I trust her treatment plan and hope this will help my girl get back on the road to health.

After school we took Austin to the Extension office and signed him up for 4H. After our lesson in FHE about budgeting and starting to save for college and missions we knew we needed to do it. I'm trying not to feel suffocated about having to go to the fair all week. Its a work in progress effort. ;) Uncle Jeff pulled some strings and got him a steer over the weekend when we were out of town. I was surprised how excited he was about the whole idea. He read all the information they gave him on the way home {he's a sucker for non-fiction information.} When he got home he went down to meet the steer. They went back down when Kurt got home to work with him. Unfortunately they didn't know a gate was open and he got out. They haven't been able to catch him. I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of what is to come....




Ruth hasn't had ballet since the new year. The studio had heating issues during January and they canceled class for the entire month. When they decided to open again in February they switched their classes to Tuesday. Right during cub scouts. No go. I started researching other studios. There was nothing close and the studios in Caldwell didn't have openings mid-season. So Liz finally said she would ask Mrs. Robins if she could dance with the Ballet 1 class {you are suppose to be a 1st grader.} We finally got the OK and Ruth was so happy to have a dance class again. When we got home she jumped on the treadmill. This sight cracked me up.

We had beautiful weather in the 50's this week. It felt like spring and it was the best thing for a cold winter soul. Is it too early to get spring fever?


Thursday was a mad dash to finish up visiting teaching as the month was ending the next day. We were able to get the last two done. Lucy's happy {donut-eating-face} brings joy to everyone we visit. We do lunch dates with Kerri and that's always fun. Visiting Teaching is a blessing.

Emma Lynn spent the evening adding some new decorations under her bed. She is very into decorating currently. {the poster. four strands of beads patterned and hanging down.}

Friday we celebrated my Ruth's 6th birthday! She was beyond excited. She used the countdown blocks and it was the very first thing she did every morning as soon as she woke up. She asked for two things for her birthday: footy pajamas and high heels {adult size for dress up.}


Happy Birthday!!




A new necklace, headband and leggings to wear to school 

This was my favorite 6 Kurt made out of objects

Ready for school on her birthday!

Kurt was kind enough to take the kids to school and eat breakfast with Ruth {luckily it was Family Friday.} That extra time allowed me to get everything done and ready for her "Surprise Birthday Ballet Class." Emma Lynn and I put this together for her. We mailed out invitations to her cousins:
and Emma Lynn planned and choreographed the dance class. 

I asked Liz {their school dance / ballet teacher} if I could use her studio in Nyssa for an hour that afternoon. She was kind enough to agree {without charging me!}  She gave me the key so I could decorate that morning before we got there:




I got back just in time to drop off my two little girls at Marti's and pick up Brooke, Kenzie and Mollie. We went to the school early to celebrate all the February birthday. Extra bonus that Ruth's was that day! I reminded the cousins before we got out of the car that it was a surprise and to keep it a secret!

When we walked into class Ruth was excited to see me and then she noticed that Brooke, Kenzie and Mollie were also there. You could read on her face, "Why are they here?" We jumped into the festivities and so there was no time for questions!

I love this card from her class. She wants to be a ballerina when she grows up! :)

As we were walking out of the school she asked, "Why are you wearing that?" Tutus and pettiskirts. Before the girls could reply I said, "Because we want to be fancy for your birthday!" When we didn't turn for home at Cairo junction she started to get curious. "Where are we going?!!"  Her mouth turned up in a huge grin when she saw the room. Emma Lynn jumped into character and after everyone got on their purple tutus and all other dancing gear necessary she lead them straight to the barre. It was fun to see Emma Lynn teach. She did not mess around. They got some quality instruction from that class! It was a big hit. They did break for some snacks {Ballerina Beverages, Ballerina Bubble Gum, Ballerina Berries, Ballerina Biscuits & Ballerina Birthday Cake.} For free time they had dancing wands to add some creativity. I had a hard time convincing them it was time to go when the hour was up. Emma Lynn you did a fabulous job, you're a great sister. Thoroughly enjoyable for all. 


SURPRISE!!















When we got home we had her birthday request of pizza followed by cake & ice cream and presents. This was my favorite present.


                                                She has the BEST.DAD.EVER. 





This girl is a joy. She is sweet, helpful and a hard worker. She thinks about others and is service oriented. She is still my buddy. And for that I'm grateful. Love this girl. I am a blessed mom. Happy, Happy Birthday Ruth Renae!

Saturday morning I logged the longest run I have ever done. 15 miles. Crazy talk. Not gonna lie, I was tired and hurting. Kurt and I had a nice temple date that evening.

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Someone asked Lucy a question and she answered, "Nada"
- Ruth planted a flower with the cub scouts and told me, "This will be a perfect present for your anniversary.
- Lucy answers with emjio. Instead of saying, "I'm happy or I'm sad" she will say "smiley face" or "sad face."

2 comments:

Karen and Roger said...

Aww I loved all the details about Ruth's birthday! She is so wonderful!

P.S. I want to take a ballet class from Emma. :)

Ben and Elaine said...

Elaine says:

What a fabulous party for Ruthie! It sounded like so much fun. What a cute girl.

Congratulations on running 15 miles Rachel!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...