Wednesday, March 26, 2014

We can do it!

week 10: March 16-22, 2014

Sunday
Ward Conference in Vale 2. By the time I finished meetings after church I had sent the kids back to Primary in our ward. Who doesn't love 6 hours of church. The kids didn't complain even though the primary lessons were exactly the same. Sometimes these kids are super great and I really appreciate it.

Sunday visits to grandma and grandpa Miles that evening. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to do visits as a family. What a wonderful thing to teach our children and the spirit of service is so sweetly beautiful. v


Monday
Happy St. Patty's Day. 
Farrell Peterson had passed away early Sunday morning and so I wanted to do something for the many Petersons that are friends. I recruited Jen to help. We took freezer meals, bread and cookies to Tami, a meal to Gwen, plant and healthy green snacks to Karli. In a perfect world I would spend every day visiting people. It was fun to make visits with Jen, she's a great partner!  



At the same time Maria was hosting a cookie-making get together with Taylor at her house. She had invited me also but I was really feeling like the third wheel and after Farrell passed felt like I needed to make visits. So I rudely popped in and out all morning while Lucy enjoyed Halle's company.




I am blessed by this friendship. Maria was kind and forgiving that I didn't stay and visit. She sent me home with a tray of cookies even though I didn't help make them. She didn't hate me for running around like a crazy person. She is good to me. I feel like this is a tender mercy to have a dear friend. I've kinda waited a while for this. Maybe that's why my heart is full.


Maria reminded me the stellar idea for dinner that resurrected the green holiday {green milk, waffles & eggs.} The kids were excited so it was an easy win.

Tuesday
No scouts because of a pack meeting later in the week. So that meant Austin could attend his first 4H meeting. He was nominated as the secretary and very pleased with this new role. I'm glad for his excitement. Now to catch that steer...

When I picked up the kids from school Spencer said he didn't feel good and couldn't do all the kicks in karate. So we headed for a quick trip to the grocery store. Spencer came to me all pale and woozy, "I puked." Luckily he made it to the bathroom. After dropping off Austin at his meeting and Emma at art Spencer continued to puke. This time in the car. Luckily it was on his and Austin's coats.

Earlier potty training mishaps made it one of those glamorous poop and puke kinda days.

Wednesday
Did some visiting teaching in the morning and then went to Ontario to meet a friend for lunch. She was sick and canceled and the girls were asleep by then. So we hung out in the car while they napped. Then a quick treat at the park to kill more time till school got out.


 Jane was quite a fan of the ice cream! Got to addict them young, you know!

I really cherish my time with Ruth at the library while the others have piano. Jane loves books and Lucy, do I dare say it out loud, is becoming a little more library appropriate.


More waiting in the car while the girls were in ballet. Seemed to be the theme of the day. But we rocked out to our current theme song, "HAPPY" {its been on endless repeat this week.}
Don't you love the glasses Austin earned from practicing the piano all month? Also, he moved up to the next level of piano books. He is rocking it!

Thursday
Jen and I were suppose to take Gwen to the temple in the morning but it fell through. I had Erica lined up to watch the little girls so I went by myself. It was enjoyable to have the peace and quiet solitude. The temple thinks its spring and I Am Happy!

After getting parts and a few other errands I made it back just in time to celebrate Spencer's birthday at school with his class. I threw together some bar cookies that morning and he was happy. Sure do love that kid.

 Aiden and Julian,Spencer's two best buds this year in second grade. 

That night we had our March pack meeting. It was Spencer and Braxton's first one.
W E L C O M E!

After coming with me for so long its fun that he is official. I forgot how crazy excited all wolves are about being in cub scouts {you think I'd remember being a Wolf Den Leader.} He wanted to earn his bobcat that night when we got home. How rude that I made him go to bed instead.

Austin telling jokes with his Webelos den

For one month all three of us will be in Cub Scouts together. How cool is that?

Friday
It's OFFICIALLY spring break up in here!!!

We did some major cleaning with the hopes of attending the FROZEN party that night.

The weather was gorgeous. They might have taken a break to be hobos and live in a cardboard box for awhile. Ya, that's always been a dream of mine too.

We had invited Kerri, Suzie, Kea, Maggie, Marti and kids to come for a FROZEN dinner, games and the movie. The Delongs were not able to come but we enjoyed everyone else's company. Lots of food fitting our theme.


Then we played a song trivia game, Elsa vs Anna {red/green light variation} and "Do you want to build a snowman relay." {which may or may not have led into a snow fight with TP hahahaha}

And then the movie! We continued to munch on Olaf's arms {pretzel sticks} throughout the movie.



We had Frozen cake and ice cream with scripture study afterwards. It was a great night. Glad for good friends. My kids were happy cause Braxton and Brooke got to spend the night. After everyone had passed out I found Austin and Braxton awake with the maglight {flashlight} inbetween them reading. Classic.

Saturday

Good Morning happy cousins!!

Kurt and I went to Farrell's funeral. I enjoy going to funeral where I am inspired and uplifted to live a better life from the example of one who has passed on. This was just a the case. When I got home Chenai continued to babysit so I could get my long run in. Long as in 20 miles. Wow. I ran along the ditch bank for half of it giving me the chance for pure solitude, climbing over 3 barb wire fences and scaling a hill on my hands it was so steep. It was a very, very long run. I was exhausted and hurting by the end. I think I was dehydrated with the symptoms I experienced the next few hours. I will need to carry water with I guess. I even got sun burnt I was running so long. It makes me want to cry to think I have to do that again. And again. And again. I can do this. I can do this. Yes, I'm trying to convince myself here.
It was a gorgeous day with beautiful views.

I actually took a nap early that evening {because there was a stake dance that night.} Kurt took the oldest 5 on a 4 wheel/ranger ride {out where I had just been running.} Austin drove the ranger and Kurt the 4 wheeler. They had a wonderful time! Kurt is swamped. Its spring. I'm grateful he made time to do something fun with them. He is a good dad.

I'm grateful for my kids who are so helpful with Jane and Lucy while I try to accomplish this {crazy} marathon goal. They are great regardless. I'm feeling pretty blessed.


 Is this not so precious?

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
-"Mom are you happy?" asked by Lucy almost every day. Do I need to smile more??
- Right after we finished scriptures Spencer busts out in song, "I'm LDS" {to the tune of High School Musical 2 "Fabulous".}



2 comments:

'T' said...

Good to catch up on you all! Love ya.

Elliot and Traci said...

Love all of the good pictures! Your Frozen party looked pretty awesome! Can we copy-cat?? Do you not drink water at all on your runs?? I drove it before and placed water every 3 or so miles. Can't imagine trying to run without it.. you're an animal! Way to go!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...