Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sunny & 60 = Perfection

March 9-15, 2014

Sunday was ward conference in Nyssa 1 {starting a month long progression of a ward conference once a week. The kids and I won't be back in our wards until after general conference. Crazy!} Sacrament was a joke. We were all squished into a too small pew and it resulted in a very irreverent sacrament meeting. I was sweating and ready to pull my hair out. After getting it together we had meetings and then I taught the YW last hour. We are teaching from the "Come Follow Me" curriculum this year. I have really enjoyed the study and preparation process.

After church we drove up the road to the Page's house to see Spencer's birthday present. 
 Spencer is getting a black lab. But he didn't know it! I asked all the kids to stay in the car so we wouldn't be so overwhelming and it could be his thing. So we went and played with the puppies. He picked out one {from the three girls} that he loved {they have named her arrow.} She is so adorable! After we got back in the car he asked, "Mom, is there any way possible that I could keep one of those puppies?" Ahhh, he totally didn't get it. "Yes! Happy Birthday that puppy is yours." His face just lit up. Priceless. She will come home in four weeks. We are all very excited about our new addition to the family. Plans to build a dog house and buy a leash and train her up are all we talk about. Currently he wants to name her Max. I encouraged a more female name so he said "Maxy." Kurt's response, "We might as well just name her Tampon or Pad for short." What? Seriously? But a few other people had the same response so I'm encouraging {again} a new name.

Another  cool things about our puppy is that Elaine AND Karen are both getting male puppies from the same litter. So sisters will all have sibling dogs. Ahhhhh is that not so sweet. 

Jane also turned 8 months old on Sunday




Jane is a happy baby. She sleeps well and she eats well. She loves to be included at the dinner table and wants to try foods. She likes most fruit and some veggies. She is starting to be more daring now that she has a tooth. Sleeping in her crib in her room with Lucy is working out well. She wakes up once a night for another bottle. And I'm hoping that will decrease as we continue to feed her more solids. She loves to sit and play. She explores everything. She is happy to be holding any object and it becomes the best toy ever. She doesn't put ANYTHING in her mouth. It is the oddest thing but I love it. My worry for germs or swallowing tiny objects is next to nothing because nothing goes into her mouth. She loves her siblings and gets excited when they are around. She loves music and rocked to the beat. She loves books. And she loves her mom. She gets upset when mom is not need or holding her. Separation anxiety is in full swing. She continues to talk {dada is the most frequent}, blow bubbles, rasberries and laugh independently when she is playing by herself.  She is a delight and we enjoy lovin' on her.

Monday was the start of teacher appreciation week. Chelle decided the school would do it in March this year because May is always so crazy busy. Sounds good to me. We had lots of buns left over from the RPM BBQ so I asked if I could make the teachers lunch. Sunday night Kurt put two pork roast in the crock pot to cook so that in the morning I could take pull pork sandwiches. For whatever reason the pork wasn't cooked completely when we woke up and resulted in a chain of events that led to 3 trips to Ontario that day and a dessert that was still doughy in the center. I was frustrated and embarrassed. The teachers were still kind and gracious though.

I was pretty frustrated with the day. One of those where I question our life choices {DRIVING} and try to reinvent the wheel. The answer just comes in snuggles from my baby girl. That makes everything better.


Cindy spent the night Monday night because the bull sale was the next day. Kurt was cutting the meat this year and therefore it was cooking at our house. It was a little bit different preparing for a bull when they live in West Fall. For the first time ever ALL the kids skipped school to be at the sale. Yes. Even Emma Lynn {shocker.}

The Highlighted Facts:
* Alyssa Forsberg & Elaine Noble watched the little kids at Marti's house. It was nice to have Jane and Lucy taken care of!
* Traci and kids came into town to surprise Bill & Cindy. I heard Bill tell people a few times about their fun surprise. It made his day {and I thought it was adorable to hear him tell people.}
* The cousins are about to take over the place. There are a lot of them. Emma was able to convince the little girls to go up to Marti's to play before the sell. This was a blessing. Austin, Spencer and Braxton stayed.
* I clerked again.
* I took a shocking few pictures of the event
* Kurt open the gate to let cattle into the arena just like every year. Only this year a bull charged at him. It was a quick hustle back.
* Great sell
* Pack and load up, Pick up kids and wash dishes at my house. Another year done. Success.


The cousin line up at lunch 
 My views during the sale

The amazing 60 degree weather continued for the rest of the week. I invited Traci and Kelli to meet us in the park to play while the older three where in piano lessons. It was perfect play weather and great to visit. There something great about cousin time.











After piano and ballet we headed back to Vale for the 2nd wards scout auction and dinner. I learned of drama in Cub Scouts {say what??? is that even possible?} I ended up taking the 3 youngest home, it was still a school night and Ruth needs her sleep {not to mention the younger too.} We came home with a new rope, a doll cradle {for Ruth's American Girl Doll - she was VERY excited Dad won this! I had to walk across the gym to tell him to bid.} And a bucket load of goodies {that were shared at RPM.}

Thursday morning we met Traci for breakfast after we dropped the kids off at school. Plaza Inn hahaha The kids were terrorizing the joint by the time we left but its an old people hang out so we gotta provide some entertainment somewhere.






More park time that afternoon when Spencer was in karate. {And what happens in between while the kids are at school? Driving, maintaining mountains of laundry, dishes and running.}







The girls and I joined for Family Friday breakfast. Kaitlin Hasler watched the kids that evening so we could go to the temple. We did the 8 pm session finished up at 10. That is late! We were shutting the temple down. Man, I really am getting old. Again, the temple was an extra special learning experience. So grateful for tender mercies.


Satruday morning I logged my longest run to date: 19 miles. It took me 3 hours and 20 minutes. Oh my word that is crazy talk. Kurt was home for a bit so they didn't wake up by themselves etc... and then they had the kindle to text me. Emma Lynn always gives me a play-by-play. I felt like I was never going to finish the run because I was texting so much. I stopped at one point to text back. I felt like someone was near or watching me. I turned around and saw this

this friend was close enough to lick my ear! But luckily it did not follow like the dogs from 9th Ave I now have to avoid!

We spent the rest of the day cleaning inside and out. Spring Cleaning Fever has really hit me! I can't wait for these kids to be out of school so we can utlize this gorgeous weather and get some WORK done! hahaha {but seriously.}



The Drapers came over at 4:30 for a BBQ and then we all went into watch Donkey Basketball and cheer on team RPM {who lost in the championship round.} The kids love to play together and I cherish Maria's friendship. I felt super grateful that they would come to Vale to hang with us even if that meant Donkey Bball.



~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Ruth said after seeing the steer. "Wow he's getting fat. Maybe i shouldn't say fat because that is a bad word. Maybe I should say that his belly is sticking out a little more."
- Austin decided to call his steer, "StIRI" {after the iphone helper Siri}
After ward conference Emma said about Primary, "Apparently I'm in violent 8 class." {oh you probably mean valiant!!}
-"Happy" by Pharrell Williams has been our family theme song. Current rock out music!
- As the Disney castle comes on the screen before a movie Lucy sighs, "Ah that's the temple mom and dad got married in."

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...