Tuesday, March 18, 2014

All About Spencer

week 9: March 2-8, 2014

I felt like I was treading water this week. Or maybe its the combined feeling of many weeks together. Its hard to feel like you are constantly struggling to keep above water. Its exhausting. All I'm during currently is driving in the car or running. I'm not sure about the wisdom of doing a marathon at this time in my life with so many young kids. BUT at this point I'm half way in and it would be silly to quit. Gotta stick it out and achieve this goal. And hopefully survive in the process! ;)

Emma & I are enjoying the new ballet barre. It gives me an excuse to play the piano while she practices.

The kids were begging for an activity after FHE. It is usually a rush to get them straight to bed so we forego the activity part. Kurt led them in a 2 minute version of "The Grand Ole Duke of York." It was perfect and everyone was satisfied.


Tuesday Kurt came down to scouts about mid-way so I could leave. Kerri and I had a date in Boise. Our first stop was Costco to get supplies for the RPM customer appreciation BBQ. It took a cart and flat bed to get it all. I was worried we wouldn't be able to get it all in the little car.

We worked nothing short of a miracle and got it all in {it only required us to dump 1 five gallon bucket Kurt had stored in his trunk too.}


The shopping took longer than hoped and so we had a classy dinner of Costco on the go as we drove to the Morrison Center to see "Hello Dolly." We seriously walked in and found our seats just in time. We were up pretty high but the tickets were a killer price so I'm not complaining. The music and story are fun and clean. It was very fun {we got home very late and I'm definitely getting old.}


The school told Spencer this week that he could take the open spot in karate since his birthday was on Saturday. He was so excited. They meet Tuesday and Thursday after school. We have stopped gymnastics since the beginning of the year so this was a good void to fill and very easy since its at the school. I told him we could try it out to see how he likes it and go from there. First week a success and he's wondering why I haven't bought his uniform yet! haha

Wednesday was the RPM BBQ. These events always cause stress. I should let nothing bother me. I working on that piece. Kurt and I both had sinus pressure colds but press forward we must. It turned out well and everyone seemed both full and satisfied.



Lucy was the happiest of all because Kenzie was there. She adores this great girl!

This adorable baby girl has had a fever and been very grumpy and not sleeping. Her gums were swollen and you could see the tooth trying to cut. It finally did on Wednesday night. Immediate relief and she was back to her happy, grinning baby self. {bottom right tooth}

I don't want to take a lot of time to talk about it but yes these are staring at me begging for time to be delivered to their rightful homes and consumed. Gotta love cookie madness.

Thursday I got the call that Ruth's glasses had arrived. We went to pick them up after school. She tried them on and put them right back into the case. Mmmmmm how is this going to go I wondered? We keep the glasses at school. She wears them when she works and otherwise they stay on Senora Britos desk. I was excited to see this cute face the next day at school.  


Friday is temple day while the kids are at school. Our set up works really well, babysitting for the little girls in the budget and its the best date I could think of. Austin was actually home sick from school but Erica {the babysitter} was cool with it and he rested or read in his room.
Later that evening after we had gotten home this is where I found the poor boy sleeping. Looks terrible to me.


Kurt went back to Vale to change from his church  clothes and paid Erica. He left Austin in charge while he went back to work. While the two girls were at ballet Spencer and I went on a birthday mommy date. Perfection. I cherish one-on-one time! It consisted of car wash {his request and sorely needed} hair cut {him} and the favorite frozen yogurt joint, Kiwi Loco.

Can you SEE his excitement {and yes please insert cackle here}





Kurt's Saturday was booked pretty solid. So we woke up the birthday boy and did present first thing. He was not complaining about that!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUPER SPENCE!!!
 Turning 8 on March 8 - Happy Golden Birthday!





After a few chores and piano practice we loaded up into the car. I let them watch Spencer's new dog movies all the way to Meridian. I find animal movies to be very torturous but thankfully they are not for me. We arrived at Dart Warz. Spencer and Austin spent the next 2 hours playing nerf gun wars with other boys {and adults.} They were in heaven and had to tell us play by play what happen. Hahaha It was very cold in the building due to all the boys running and sweating so I didn't really want to bring Jane in. The girls and I hung out in the car with our books and movie on the kindle while they played. We all took turns going in to watch. It was a definite success! 





Blizzards on the way back. We went straight to Nyssa for a baptism in our ward. Isn't that the best way to spend the evening of your eighth birthday? For sure! We had cake and ice cream when we got home.



So excited to celebrate this good kid. We are proud of you Spencer for the choices you have made and that you are excited and ready to get baptized. I know you will be blessed for your decision. You are a hard worker, easy going, funny and happy. You are a joy to raise and make our family complete. We love you so much! Happy, Happy Birthday Spencer Gene!





~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Lucy woke up and smiling said, "I am absolutely so hungry."
- Emma making flyers for her party planning job to earn $ for college.
- "Mom thank you for being absolutely the best mom ever." Thanks Lucy

1 comment:

Ben and Elaine said...

Elaine:

Thanks for updating your blog. Loved reading about Spencer's birthday. Sounds like a wonderful celebration with the Nurf Warz and Mommy/Daddy outings. What an amazing boy. We're excited to attending your baptism in a few weeks. :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...