Thursday, September 24, 2015

For what do you labor?

September 6-12, 2015

Sunday 09.06
Getting 10 kids ready for church - 7 of them girls - meant a lot of church hair that morning. Thank goodness for 11 am church. I kinda ran out of time to get myself ready, oh well.

Love all these beautiful cousins!!

Ruth was teaching Brooke Spanish. She really wants her to come to the branch. She loves to sing and was teaching her "Andar en la Luz" {we are trying to memorize it because we are singing in sacrament in a few weeks.}


We all went to Kelli and Dan's ward for Coleson's blessing. Emma said it was the largest blessing circle she had ever seen. It was a beautiful blessing and a beautiful meeting. I really enjoyed the spirit that was there. It was Dan's first Sunday conducting, as the newly called 2nd counselor in the Bishopric. He did a great job.

Jane was being a monkey and Kurt took her out into the hall. He ended up leaving early so he could get Spencer to Primary on time {he had a talk} and Kurt could get to his meetings. It was my first Sunday leading the music in Primary. We played a "Get to Know You Race!" The kids won {surprise surprise!} It was fun but I won't discuss the building pressure I'm feeling for the Primary Program coming up in a few weeks.

Still couldn't find enough courage to bare my testimony in Spanish during our testimony meeting. It'll happen. I have to work harder and exercise a lot more faith.

Bishop Kesler of Nyssa 2 ward extended the call to Austin to be the Deacon Quorum President. He told me just as sacrament was starting. He was very excited. I'm happy for him, glad he is excited and grateful for this leadership opportunity for him.

Monday 09.07
Labor Day - No SCHOOL and even NO WORK for Kurt. But really we labored from dawn until night. Spencer said, "I don't like Labor Day because my mom makes me LABOR all day!" That's life when you are still trying to move in.

I had a few items that I wanted done in order to get all our school items organized and under control. I felt like if I could gain some organization in that area I would still be able to function among all the other chaos of moving,boxes, unpacking and never ending clutter. So the first thing on my list was LOCKERS. Kurt took them over to the store early that morning to get them pressure washed. He ran into some trouble at work {a feed lot was out of water} and so it wasn't until that afternoon when he was able to come back with them. I started the spray painting process.


In between I ran Ruth and Spence to their piano lessons {Ruth did NOT want to miss} and Kurt ran to Home Depot for miscellaneous parts and more spray paint. 16 cans of spray paint later it was finished. We moved it into the house after the kids were in bed. I immediately put all their shoes, backpacks and coats inside. I'M IN LOVE!!! Its organizational heaven to be able to shut the door on all of it.




Kurt also hung some chalkboard organizers for our points system and chores.
With those two things done I will be able to function in our school routine much better. Thank you Kurt for LABORING with me all day to accomplish this.

So I was inside, upside down and all around those lockers trying to spray every inch of them {in terrible lighting.} This is what you will look like after painting 6 lockers with 16 can of paint.

Kurt said I was the black version of Christopher Lloyd. 
Image result for christopher lloyd back to the future

He also said it was the closest he would ever get to having a Mexican woman. hahaha
Obviously he was having a field day with my new look. PS my face did wash up well but my hair and arms were a bit harder and took days to come completely clean....

Tuesday 09.08
The kids were so excited to see their lockers that morning when they woke up! I'm glad they were just as excited as me about it. It made all the work worth it. Lucy was my favorite, "Its just like High School Musical!" {Followed by dance moves and lyrics.}


That morning was Lucy's first day of Smart Gym at Hot Shots Gymnastic.

I sold Hot Shots all my preschool stuff in exchange for Lucy's tuition. She does gymnastics from
10-11 {Jane and I watch} and then she does preschool from 11-1 {Jane and I will volunteer at the school.} They also have class on Thursday but one day a week is plenty {plus we have a mommy n' me preschool co-op set up.} Lucy was excited but nervous too. We had been talking a lot about being brave, saying a prayer when you're nervous and Heavenly Father will help you. She was excited to wear her new leo {that was only $2!} and she told me, "I'm going to be brave mom so I can have fun!" {since about May she has been very reluctant to have me leave her.}


Well it was a great hit. She LOVED the gymnastic class! When I gave her a hug good-bye she whispered, "I'm going to be brave." She had a wonderful time at preschool and was excited to tell me all about their class pets and what they ate for lunch. While she was at class we went home and Jane took her nap while I unpacked.




After school Austin went to xc while we went home and got homework done, ate snacks, played and then headed to Star for dance. It was Ruth and Lucy's first classes at the studio in Star. Ruth fell asleep on the way there. Her jazz class was first. She woke up and absolutely, completely did not want to go to class. She thought the jazz shoes we had bought were too small and was worried about that. Tears were streaming down her face and she did not want to go. It was not like her at all! She loves to dance. I was finally able to convince her to go into class. Emma is helping with her class {and Claire helping with Lucy's class - love that they get to do that!} so it was nice to have her in there to reassure Ruth. In the end we went up half a size with her jazz shoe. Then it was Lucy's turn for class and she started playing the same card. "I don't want to go my tights hurt." Are you kidding me??!! So then all my energy went to remind her how much she loves dance and Miss Amber. In the end they both came out of class with huge smiles on their faces with glowing reports. But by that point I was emotionally exhausted. I'm glad I didn't have to put any efforts into Emma's class. It was her point prep and they came out tired and lots of exercises to practice all week.
 Emma assisting in Ballet 2 {Ruth's class}
 Lucy back to normal after her class



Wednesday 09.09 
It's pretty great to have late start the next day after dance. It's pretty great to have a 10 minute drive to school. We are ALL loving it!

As I plug away on my little Spanish "Duolingo" app this message popped up today.

I found this to be so funny.

Look that this BEAUTIFUL progress report Austin gave me today after school {straight As.} I love it. So proud of him and so loving his new responsible attitude this school year. I am also enjoying xc with him. I asked him if it was embarrassing to have me there - "No the girls think you're nice." Phew, I'm still safe for now ;)

So I have lots of people asking how we like our new place or if I can tell a difference in my time since I'm not driving as much. The answer is YES! YES! YES! And I love it! Here is an example {and there are lots more I could give.} We are able to eat dinner together as a family before Kurt and Austin leave for mutual. This never happened before in WC because there was never enough time to run home in between activities before mutual started. Even on the busy days I feel less rushed and stressed. I am peacefully loving it.

Thursday 09.10
The first day of our mommy n me preschool. I taught. I was rushing around trying to get all the last minute things together. I was only slightly frustrated a handful of times in preparation when I couldn't find an item I was looking for. And the boxes and empty walls were just so they would be so impressed with my move in progress when they came back the next time. The kids were cute, we had fun, Lucy loved it and I don't have to teach again for a month so I'm happy too. We have a stellar group of kids and moms. I'm excited.



Halle Drapers, Chloe Farmer, Reagan Roche, Tyler Ruf, Oakley Roche, Lucy and Jonathan Forsberg

After everyone left we turned on a movie for the kids while Brittney and I made protein bites and breakfast burritos. Each of us got 36 burritos and about 80 protein bites. I love making and storing and preparing meals for the future. It makes me so happy! I love the feeling and satisfaction. It makes it even better to have a friend to do it with. We finished just in time to pick up the kids from school.


Friday 09.11
After family breakfast and a few errands {in preparing for the xc meet that afternoon} the girls and I went over to Maria's and canned a batch of pears. She had so many from her tree {awesome} and wanted to share. It had been years since I had canned {since I started teaching preschool - school always starts during harvest/canning season.} Like the day before - it was fun to visit and be productive. I left after we put the jars in the canner.


I finished all my prep for the meet and then took the girls to Angelica's to play. Kurt would pick them up and the rest of the school kids when school got out. Dinner, snacks, and a Redbox were ready for them at home so he could go back to work. I appreciate his help so I could go to the meet.

The meet was in Catherine Creek in Union, more than 2 hours away. We left the school at 11:30. I was scheduled to drive up we had enough drivers so I went with Mrs. Meyers. That was a nice treat {not to drive.}
All the students and teachers came out of the prep school when we left to clap and cheer as we drove away. Its pretty cool to be involved with the first sports team. I love the school spirit. As we drove I challenged the kids to come up with a school cheer. In our car Christan said, "Uno, Dos, Tres, Cuatro Rios" I loved it and so did Senora Mason and now we have a cheer! Whoot Whoot

Catherine Creek is beautiful. The weather was perfect. After setting up our gear {we brought food for afterwards} we walked the course and started to help the girls stretch and get ready. This race is fun because you go through mud pits and it completely dirty and then everyone plays in the freezing creek afterwards. Our team did great! I love cheering for them and seeing them push themselves hard. Its been a fun and inspiring opportunity.

Pep talk 
The boys lining up to race

 Austin pushing his way through the end of the mud


Enjoying the creek


We had burritos afterwards. And yes you know it, everyone was jealous. We didn't get home until 8:40 pm. It was a long day. Great run Austin!

Saturday 09.12
Like every time we have a spare minute these days we try to finish up this project of getting ourselves moved. And that's exactly how we labored on Saturday. We all went over to 7th Ave and filled up a load.


I told the kids if they worked hard {translated no whining or complaining} then they wouldn't have to come back that afternoon for the second load. That worked like magic and so we counted the second load as our date. ;)
 Some things the kids found to do while they were "helping" us load the trailer. 
{Emma is wearing vinyl she pealed off the wall.}


While we did get a lot done we are still not finished. The food storage and cleaning still need to take place. I'm focusing on the progress that we ARE making. It seems like moving gets more and more time consuming each time.

Kurt and Spence relaxing late that night watching the BYU vs BSU game.
 

When I finally showered that evening a cold hit me hard like a slap in the face. No warning. Lots of oils applied and hoping for 24 hour duration. 

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- When we are driving in the car Jane will look behind her and then cheer, "Dora is behind me! YAY!" or "McStuffin is behind me YAY!" She use to say that a monster was behind her and get scared so Lucy and I are glad to have this much happier version of this game she made up.
- The little girls and I were in the grocery store when Lucy loudly tells Jane, "Don't let Swiper steal the food in our cart." As we walk by the clerk, who clearly heard her because he was laughing so hard, said, "Oh no swiper got away!" Lucy was not impressed.
- This is how we currently practice our piano, Austin's super sensitive {meaning it doesn't always decide it wants to work or even turn on.}

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...