Friday, September 25, 2015

When the parents are down

September 13-19, 2015

Well in theory in can't happen. It shouldn't happen. Both parents cannot get sick at the same time. But it did. By Wednesday evening Kurt was back to function but I didn't feel like myself until Saturday. When the parents are down survival mode happens and nothing else.

It truly took every ounce of energy I had to perform the song & dance that Primary choristers have to do during singing time. I busted out my extra special listening ears to help us prepare for our program. {The mom of this boy is in the Primary presidency and took the picture.} 


Meanwhile the littlest continues to be a big monkey at church. We definitely need to work on her reverence!

There was a fireside that evening with Elder Ridd from the General YM presidency about missionary work. It was a excellent meeting.


Everyday {but especially sick ones} are a good day for snuggles and books with my girls. 

By Monday mornning Kurt was also sick. This is what FHE looks like when the parents are both sick.



After the fireside Austin asked if he could teach FHE. Sounded perfect to me. He showed a video clip from the fireside and then we discussed it. Thanks for taking the initiative to teach Austin.

Early morning shenanigans with Spence - who knows - hahah Seriously though he, Ruth and Emma have been rockin their early morning chore charts. I love it! Now to motivate the others...




Gymnastics has quickly become the highlight of Lucy's week. She asks daily when is it going to be Tuesday. I'm glad she's loving it. 



She was very excited to show Jane and I their class turtle. Right after I took the picture the board Lucy is sitting on fell over and landed on top of the turtle. Good thing for that hard shell!

Since there was no drama involved with dance this week {thank goodness} we were able to go to the Penny Pig library. The little girls were happy to see Olive again. 


This is how I spent the time at the library 


Puzzles - Jane's happy place!
 warming up for class 

After dropping off the boys at school on Wednesday I took the girls for their dental cleaning. 
They did great. Lucy was extra smiley and talkative to everyone. Poor Ruth has a cavity {that we will fill in a couple week.} She is my most diligent brusher and she always has a cavity. Sorry to pass on the bad teeth genes.

On the way back to school we stopped at the library ultra quick to see if they had Harry Potter 4. Emma finished book 3 and her school library didn't have 4. She was anxious to get her hands on it.

Ruth's book order came in at school. Oh happy day. She was overjoyed!

And happy to share with her sister. 

After Emma's piano I took her to Activity Days and then Spence to Cub Scouts. It was his first meeting in Nyssa. Apparently they started last week but we didn't get the memo {sometimes its problematic having your kids in a different school or the only branch member attending.} Regardless he had a good time. He really likes the boys his age. I'm grateful.

The rest of us rushed over to the xc meet. Luckily it was in Nyssa and both Emma and Spence had rides to the track after their activities. The team did well. It was harder for me to help {I did bring snacks for the team} having all of my littles with me. But luckily the Masons are always flexible, easy going and appreciative.

 Loved seeing my trek daughter Hailey there
 Bring it home Austin!
Pep talk at the starting line

While Kurt and Austin were at mutual we enjoyed some quiet time reading.

Mommy n' Me preschool at the Forsbergs house. Tiffany was awesome to pick up Lucy for me. 

All ready to go with her show n tell

The little girls were sitting at the stairs waiting and watching for Tiffany to arrive. I was in my room putting away laundry when I overheard the following conversation.

Lucy: You can't go to preschool yet. You're still a baby.
Jane: No, I'm a child of God.

Ahhh be still my heart. I love the wisdom from this precious 2 year old.

Preschool was great fun in their airplane boxes in flight for things that start with the letter A.

Afterwards the little girls and I had a meeting with Barb Brody, a 4H extension agent who is helping us get our Robotics club up and running. She will be a great resource. We will have our first meeting on the 29th - I'm getting excited!

We picked up Coleson and Tyler to come out and play while Kelli had her eye appointment. There was a huge rainstorm. You would have thought our kids had never seen rain before. haha



 Coleson is already getting so big. 

We ran Austin to piano and then xc practice. I didn't help with practice because I still wasn't feeling well. I actually got a 1/2 hour nap instead. 

Rainstorms continued off and on and we enjoyed the most amazing rainbows.



If you look carefully that speck on the road is Spencer trying to case the rainbow.

We went to Science Night at the school before picking up Emma from dance carpool in Parma. The kids enjoyed it and I love that our school does it.




While we were there I also had Austin show me the incubator his group had made. He is taking "Intro to Ag" as one of his electives this semester and its his favorite class. Mr. Bodily is teaching the class. It makes Kurt happy he signed up for the class. {and enjoying it so much.} 


It felt like a big accomplishment to make it to Friday. After family breakfast we met up with Angelica and Tien at our hangout {Plaza Inn.}

Then we headed to the store. The day before Jane had told me, "I want to wear panties like Lucy." Ok then! I'd better jump all over that. She found some Dora panties that she loved. She opened them in the car and giggled with joy. We went to Home Depot to pay a bill and buy flowers {operation decorate my porch} and HAD to take a pair with her. Whatever. As we were checking out the cashier said, "She has panties." She is seriously cuddling them like a blanket. I explained that she just picked them out to start potty training. Ok now it was totally understandable and {somewhat} exceptable to have them in public.


We went out to WC to get a small suburban load. It was all the energy I could muster all week. Truthfully I was motivated by the stack of wood from our old fence that I asked Kurt to save for craft projects :) Plans for operation decorate my porch on Monday. Boxes are still the best toy for your imagination.

TGIF with play dough and chalk and music!!!



Austin had a campout that evening {first with his Nyssa troop} and he hadn't packed yet so he didn't go to practice. I might have gotten pulled over on the way home by a state trooper for speeding. She just gave me a warning. She was super nice and friendly. I think she was in such disbelief that the entire suburban load of kids was mine that she just gave me the warning, "You must have the patience of Job." hahaha

Deacon leaders are the ones who have the patience of Job. Oh my goodness these boys were so silly and so goofy and so excited to go on their campout. But honestly and truthfully what a great group boys. I'm so grateful for that. Kaleb said, "We are the 3 amigos." and Austin quickly replied, "Its more like the 3 stooges!"




That night Kurt hung pictures on the wall for me. It always helps the house look more like our home.

Saturday morning Kurt took the kids out to WC for another load while Jamie and I went to the temple, lunch and some shopping. It was the first day I felt like I could function. It was a super day and I'm glad Jamie could come to the temple.

Cheesecake factory egg roll platter


I came home to see this sight.

It really doesn't seem like that big a deal but it was to me - its the first time in 3 years we have even had a lawn to mow. Kurt had to show Austin how to use the lawn mower again. He had forgotten how it had been so long.

Kurt had a lot of great church training meetings this week from different members of the seventy. On Tuesday and Thursday. Grateful for opportunities to learn and grow as we try to magnify our callings and move the Lord's work forward.

 ~~~ Romans Reflections~~~
- They don't have a spiral bound Spanish hymn book which is problematic when playing the organ. So I bought one from Deseret Book and took it to my copy center and asked them to spiral bind it. {They took off the covers because they were too thick for their machine.} Can't wait to use it!

- I love the happy girl that leaves me notes on her chore chart.

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

So for some reason my brain didn't connect that your regular emails also meant you were posting on your blog. Sorry! :( I will comment on here forever more!

Roger and I are still laughing at Jane cuddling her panties at Home Depot. Now, that is a good story to tell when she's older. Haha! How's the potty training going?

And that state trooper is right, you do have the patience of Job!! I'm excited to see more of your house! Hugs!


This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...