Monday, September 14, 2015

The ninth month begins

August 30 - September 5th

Sunday 08.30
The branch members enjoyed Stake Conference in the Relief Society room. Kurt translated most of the meeting. After stake conference was over Elder Sexton, the general authority visit came in to speak to our branch. Both him and his wife bore their testimony in Spanish. I was impressed with them and their heartfelt counsel for our stake.

Monday 08.31
I love finding random happy pictures on my phone and yes for the majority of her life this is how Jane looks. Thanks for the capture Lucy.

All last week I went back to the house in Vale every day to keep moving and packing. I had absolutely no desire to go back this week {in my head I kept thinking, its so far out there.} There was plenty to do in Nyssa to sort and organize so we could have some basic level of functioning. There were a couple of pieces I need to help organize chores and our "points" system that I was in search of. I found it on Amazon but was anxious to have it NOW. I really felt like if I could get the kids and the school stuff organized then somehow I would feel like I was starting to get my life back and under control. So I looked at BiMart and Joanns and they didn't have what I was looking for. I knew if I headed to town {Nampa} I would find it but there wasn't enough time before I had to get kids from school. So I gritted my teeth and went to Wal-Mart. And I seriously saw everyone I knew. Hours later we left - without the organizational piece I went looking for. I ordered off of amazon that night.

When I got out to the car I realized that Jane had a major blow out. Somehow all the wipes were missing out of the car. So we went to the Dollar Store to buy wipes. Yes, I took her into the store with poop all up and down her back {she still had clothes on at this point} but you could see it through her shirt. It was that bad. But lets be real, it was the Dollar Store in Ontario. No one noticed or cared. It took about 10 minutes to clean her up in the parking lot. Lucy was completely disgusted by the entire process. She couldn't believe it, "Is that really poop everywhere??!!" A 25 month old blow out is way worse than anything a newborn can do. Just sayin.
After she was finally clean Lucy, "Wow. You are a good mom." 
She makes me feel good - I'm keeping her around.

After school Spencer and Ruth had their first piano lessons with Janice Jensen from Nyssa 2 ward. She lives just around the corner from our house which is so handy. It was Ruth's first piano lesson ever. She asks every other day if she can have another lesson. 

 All the other kids love playing outside with the Jensen kids during the lesson. Sara and Evie immediately became Lucy's best friends. We haven't moved the piano and I can't find batteries so currently the kids are practicing on a silent keyboard. haha I'm glad Janice is understanding!

 Spencer did a great job helping me prepare dinner.

I love our new location and almost immediately have seen the benefits of getting time back in my life. Sitting down and doing flash cards with Spencer, sitting down and doing homework with Ruth. These are things we did before but in the car. It is so much more enjoyable and relaxed to do them at home. We even started a read aloud just because we had TIME. I went for a run before Kurt got home because dinner was ready, all the homework and reading were done and I had TIME. It was fun to explore new running routes in our new area. Its beautiful.


Tuesday 09.01
Brittany and I met that morning at my house to put together fresh smoothie packets. I did some for me {with spinach} and some for the family {without spinach.} I'm excited for quick and healthy morning solutions. I bought this little blender to help make the smoothie process easier. I wanted something small and easy to clean.
 40 smoothie packets ready to go in the freezer. 

It was also the RPM customer appreciation BBQ that afternoon but I had an appointment for an internet company to come set up the internet at the house. He was 3 HOURS late when he finally did show up and didn't even apologize. Ahh I was so irritated. Then he told me he couldn't even get internet to our house. Are you kidding me??!!! By the time he left I had to go get the kids from school and completely missed the BBQ.

 Apparently this is what Lucy's view at lunch looks like. She's so lucky. ;)

 Jane spent a lot of time in this tub as I continued to unpack boxes, "Mom this is so fun!"

Baylea is going to 4Rivers this year! She is in Spencer's class. 
Emma has been anxious to help her with Spanish. She finally got the chance after school today. 

When we moved in last week we noticed a mom and a bunch {8 or so} of kittens on the place. We were not excited to have so many around. 1-2 would be good mousers but nearly 10??? Yikes. As we were unloading the trailer Kurt saw some of the kittens eating the mouse poison that was in the shop. Oh dear. That might naturally take care of the kitten population around here. Time will tell.

Wednesday 09.02
That morning the moms and kids of the preschool group we formed met at the park in Fruitland to play and get to know each other before starting preschool the next week. We are meeting once a week on Thursday for 2 hours and each mom will take a turn teaching. Right before we left Andrea and her twin girls agreed to join our group bringing our numbers to 7 cute kids. It'll be fun {and just the right commitment} I'm excited.

Right after school we came home to get ready for the Nutcracker auditions. Unfortunately they are not having a production in Ontario this year so we went to Caldwell. Luckily Miss Amber is still helping and coordinating it. Emma was quite nervous knowing this was very much a real audition. Ruth's audition was first as a part for a baby mouse {same as last year.} She made the part. She wasn't overly excited but pretty quiet. She told me later that the part is too easy. But after talking she was happier, excited for the chance to be in it again.

Emma's audition was an hour long. There were 20 girls auditioning for the 8 spots open for
Bon Bons. It was nerve racking waiting through the audition. What a sweet relief to see her grin and holding the acceptance paper as she walked out. I'm so proud of both of you!




While the girls were dancing Austin had his FIRST xc meet of the season in New Plymouth. I felt bad I couldn't be there but luckily Kurt was able to go and cheer him on. He did an awesome job! Hard work pays off, you're doing great Austin!



Thursday 09.03
After a lot of run around trying to get the internet hooked up at our house {seriously it was harder here in Nyssa where we are closer to civilization than the remoteness of Willow Creek. Go figure.} This morning we finally have success and it makes me so happy. I have realized how dependent I am upon it. I haven't decided if its good or bad just the reality, 
The ability to watch do-do-do Dora on the computer makes for very happy girls.

Feeling like nothing short of a miracle the basement flooring is finally finished. I'm unsure why it took sooo long to finish the project but at this point who cares - its done! {Sidenote: Kurt ask them to install the flooring in our room first so Saturday night we were able to set up our new bedroom set and sleep in our room. I love the bedroom set!!} Ultimately it means that the boys were finally able to sleep in their beds. The room was really to small to put two twin beds so the plan was to put them back to bunk beds. We had lost the part to do that so after a few trips to Home Depot Kurt and Austin successfully got the beds put together. The top bunk is really close to the ceiling but I haven't heard any complaints. They also showed some excited to make their beds with the new comforters they picked out from Target.

That night Kurt told me that he had gotten 4 tickets for the BSU game on Friday. We decided to take the boys with us and made arrangements for the girls {Claire was going to sleep over and her and Emma babysit the younger girls.}

Friday 09.04

We stayed a little bit longer to listen to Ruth read to us.

Then we ran some errands in preparation for the game that night including buying a whole bunch of BSU paraphernalia for us to wear at the game. We went back to the school at 10 to give a short presentation to the prep school about the Robotic club Kurt and I are starting this year.

I enjoyed seeing this poster for the xc team hanging up at the school. This team is their FIRST ever sports team so its a pretty big deal. I love all their excitement, school spirit and support. 

This was the perfect multitasking trip. We picked up a trailer load of pipe in Nampa. Then Kurt and I went to the temple while the boys read and played on the kindle in the temple parking lot. We got some food and then headed to the game. 

It was really quite cold and stormy. Kurt ran into Walmart before we got to the stadium to buy two blankets. It was very helpful in surviving the night! I have never seen so many red solo cups in my life as we entered the stadium. So grateful they don't allow alcohol inside. It was kind of a lame game. It seems like BSU didn't show up after half-time and I questioned if they were going to win. But they pulled it off in the end. It was fun to be there and watch with my boys.



The game was broadcast on ESPN and so it didn't start until after 8 and took a lot longer because of commercial breaks. We didn't get home until 2 am.

We left my phone at home with the girls. They had plenty of fun that night at home.


Saturday 09.05
After dropping off Claire at home Emma, Spencer, Kurt and I went to paint an investigator's house that she is trying to move into. I am super impressed with her. She is a very hard worker, kind and thoughtful. She woke up at 4:30 am to cook food for everyone that came to help her paint. Her boys have come to Primary, they are sweet. I hope she will realize what she is missing in her life and join the church.


At 3 we went over to Dan & Kelli's house to play and celebrate Coleson's blessing the next day. She had rented a bounce house and water slide & lots of pizzas. Even though it was still cold and overcast the kids had fun in and out of the water. The football game was on for the guys so they were happy. 
It is always wonderful to get the family together. Thank you for hosting everyone Kelli. 






I loved meeting Cameron. He is so adorable and so sweet! 

The plan was for Braxton and Brooke to spend the night but the time the party was over we had Madison and Mollie coming too. More the merrier. I love getting the cousins together. As soon as we got home I went to the stake baptism for Nyysa 2nd and played the piano. I came home to this:



All the cousins joining us for scripture study made me even more happy. 

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Lucy asked for some "sugar snackies." {sugar snap peas}
- Lucy refers to ALL beef we eat as "Muddy Boots" {the steer Austin raised this summer.}

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...