Tuesday, February 2, 2016

We are the Champions

January 24-30, 2016

Sunday, 01.24
Lucy enjoyed the singing time prep Emma and I worked on Saturday night.



Ruth spent the morning planning Marie-Grace's birthday {in March she tells me.} That is the luckiest doll in the world to be loved by Ruth.


I loved seeing all of Jane's animals lined up so nicely when she was playing. 


Austin wasn't as willing to let me take a picture of him playing {legos} as Jane was. 

Monday, 01.25
We are ponderizing




He had been asking me daily if Ruthie {the director} had emailed or texted his part. He just couldn't wait to find out. It was obviously worth the wait!


Tuesday, 01.26




Wednesday, 01.27
Austin and Kurt went to early morning Robotics practice. I bribed the other kids with cereal to stay home. Hello who wants to get to school extra early???!! Apparently mine do. Spencer put his time to good use.



Hello? Dad? Are you coming home?

Thursday, 01.28



Always like seeing the kids work when I go to the school. This is Emma's Spanish water cycle.




Friday, 01.29



Saturday, 01.30
Late night, early morning start. These competitions are still nerve racking but it was better than regionals just for the fact that we knew what to expect. The interviews kill me. Kurt has to remind me to breathe! They made lots of improvements though, I'm proud of their hard work. It took forever for the award ceremony to start {at 5 pm.} We were shocked to win a trophy - there were so many good teams there! Best programming out of all 40 teams. WOW. Kudos to Austin for being our programming guru. I may have got a little lump in my throat. So proud of you Austin!! Cindy brought the kids home for us {huge blessing, thank you so much!} and had even done my dishes!




~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- "Those mountains out our window look like Mt. Kilimanjaro." - Austin
- "Mom you really are my sister. You're just older. We are all brothers and sisters in the whole world. Even the Hawaii people." - Lucy
- From a few weeks ago when Ruth and I went to our first wrestling meet Ruth said, "This looks nothing like Nacho Libre!"

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

Haha, wrestling is so boring compared to Nacho Libre!

Tell Austin congrats again! I didn't realize he got best programming out of everyone. So cool! And even better it's done! You survived mama!

Love you and all your cute people!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...