Friday, February 27, 2009

PreParty Up-Date

So tomorrow is the big day. I hope the rooster girl is well enough to par-TAY. I took her to the Doctor today and to quote the Dr. "she is a mess!"

The week of Valentine's she had a double ear infection and was on antibiotics.

The following week she had thrush caused by the antibiotics she started the previous week.

The diagnosis this week: the original infection is still there because they didn't treat it with strong enough antibiotics. Which means the antibiotics for thrust weren't strong enough so she has a yeast infection throughout her body (her poor diaper area is so, so raw.) And Bronchitis to top it off.

She is now on 5 antibiotics.

While she isn't crying she just looks so miserable. She managed a smile at the Dr. who couldn't believe how good she was for being so sick. I'm so grateful I followed my instincts and took her straight to the Dr. Maybe we'll be able to salvage the par-TAY!

3 comments:

janalee said...

Oh, poor Ruth! I sincerely hope she recovers quickly and completely :), and that she gets to smear cake all over whatever she want to on her birthday!

'T' said...

Happy 1st b-day to poor little Ruth. I hope her recovery is quick. sniff sniff. How is mommy doing with the first birthday?

Krystal said...

Sweet little girl I hope that she is feeling better soon. Hang in there mommy.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...