Monday, February 9, 2009

Did I mention...

~ Did I mention that I didn't practice the violin once last week. AAAHHH!!! The first thing one of the kindergartners said to me on Wednesday (volunteer day), "Are you practicing Mrs. Romans?" Man, I am being held accountable! Tomorrow the bow and I have a serious date.

~ Did I mention that last week we had major coughing all around (minus Emma & Kurt.) I'm talking some serious hacking, body shaking, mind rattling coughs. Of course there were other symptoms that were present. It looked like a long haul on the road of sickness. I was worried about getting our Olympians sick. We were blessed with a miracle. The cloud of sickness left our house when they entered (except Ruth was still a terrible teething mess!) Sunday as we settled back into life without our Afghanies the sickness returned. So much so that Kurt left right after sacrament meeting to take Ruth and Austin to the Doctor. Both have a double ear infection. As I felt the sickness leave and return in my own body I KNOW that we were blessed with health during their stay.

~ Did I mention that I have a wonderful husband. Truly. He is the best. I was sad that I didn't get as much interaction with the boys (but it keeps getting better each time we see them - up date to follow.) But is was so fun to watch Kurt. He is a natural leader and works well with people. He was exhausted but stayed up until the wee hours of the morning so the boys wouldn't feel so home sick. We went to one of their games today and he hugged one of the sad athletes for minutes until he was consoled. He broke up a fight between 2 team mates and spent the next 10 minutes walking hand in hand with the boy to calm him down. He is even better with his own kids. Truly my life has been blessed. I love this picture. Ruth has been so sick with her teething. She had just thrown up all over the place Sunday night. After cleaning her up and took her to Kurt so I could clean up the floor (it was the first time it wasn't on ME!) When I came back this is what I found. Precious.



~ Emma Says: Austin and Emma were discussing ear wax at great length this afternoon (due to Austin's ear infections.) Austin told Emma that everyone has ear wax. Her reply, "Even Spanish people?"

Last month she said, "Jesus is real, you just can't see him. When you are a baby you can see him. Then you grow up and you have to pray to him."

~ Austin says: "Mom is the mom. She does what she does and that's the way it is."

I love his wisdom. So true my boy!

4 comments:

'T' said...

AH, this post makes me so happy. It's the Rachel and Kurt that served so well here in Blackfoot and are now spreading the joy in Vale. You guys are so amazing where you are planted. I hope you all feel well soon. And yes, I would not be surprised at all if babies could see Jesus. They are such a slice of heaven sent here! Misses.

TulsaT said...

I can't wait to have someone in my house that can "see" Jesus again, I think there is such a sweet spirit in your home when a baby is there. I didn't realize how much I missed it. Can't wait!

Elliot and Traci said...

HA! Elliot and I loved the earwax story. :)

apriltime said...

Wow! The Romans family has sure been having a lot of adventures! They all sound amazing - I am so glad you wrote them down so I could share them with you. The kids are adorable - they are so wise in everything they say!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...