Thursday, December 10, 2009

Annual Gingerbread-Making-Parties

I love having family activities with my preschoolers. One of my favorites from last year was gingerbread house making. I supply the graham crackers and frosting and everyone brings a candy to share for decorating. This week we had our 2nd annual ginger-bread-making parties.

Monday night was the 3 year old (busy bee) class. And tonight we had both the 4 year old classes (Caterpillars at 6 and Ladybugs at 7.) Still a favorite event. Does 2 years running make it a tradition? Well I'll keep doing it as long as I teach preschool.


Spencer's Sensational Creation









Emma Lynn has been anticipating Thursday all week just because of the first party. She didn't want to make one on Monday with Spencer's class. She was determined to wait until her class came. She made one with Kurt and then very diligently frosted the entire thing by herself (I was very busy helping everyone get set up at that point and Kurt was keeping the other kids preoccupied.) As she was decorating the roof caved in. I tried to resurrect the building as much as I could but every wall was breaking at that point. We salvaged it as much as possible but the noteworthy point worth mentioning is that she didn't cry or have a meltdown even though she was upset and disappointed. What process she has made!!!







Naturally Rooster had to get in on the action. She was SO cute about it! (Check out the pictures and tell me I'm lying. I dare ya! So stinkin' cute!)







Thanks again Kurt for all your help in making it successful.

4 comments:

mom said...

Yep, they're all stinkin CUTE! Great job Spencer!!! I'm proud of you Emma for being so patient. That takes a lot of courage and self control! Austin I'm happy that you participate too! Ruthie, you are one lucky girl, to have so much fun and not even 2 yet!

Elliot and Traci said...

How cute! I love the excitement on the kids' faces. Yes, I'd say it's a tradition. :)

Marti Bair said...

I love the picture of Ruth with her tounge out!

Tiffany said...

Look at Ruth's face!!! What a little cutie!!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...