Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Austin's First Recital

Tonight I had my 4 piano students (that includes Austin) play Christmas songs down at our local nursing home. I planned it on a Wednesday night so the YW could come perform and carol at the same time. Am I a thinker or what?!!! It turned out really well. Music, especially Christmas music is such a soul lifter. Nothing pleases the soul more than a song of the heart. I love to spread that joy. This is exactly why my family carols every Christmas Eve. I'm glad the YW could learn to feel that too.

And now I'm going to brag. Austin did so well! He didn't make a single mistake. Flawless. I'm so PROUD of him!!! His hands weren't shaking or anything (although he did look scared out of his mind.) He hasn't even been playing a year. I picked a hard song for him and he worked and practiced and it paid off. YAY AUSTIN!!!





Kurt was busy manning the other 3 kids so he didn't get video of him playing so we had him play it again for us when he got home. The first time through he played by himself and then we played a duet.

3 comments:

'T' said...

good job austin! and rachel you rocked too. and your wispy bangs and short hair is SO cute. merry christmas.

mom said...

Wonderful! You should bring the piano book w/you at Christmas. Grandma Karen has a piano and you all could play for us! :-)
AND WE COULD SING, SING, SING!!!
GOOD JOB AUSTIN! Your hair is cute Rachel!

Marti Bair said...

Great Job Austin. I am impressed. His piano skills at 6are about what mine are after 30 years!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...