Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Miracle

Tonight we went to a widow in our ward and had family home evening with her. Like usual we left in a rush to get there on time. We had a wonderful time. The kids were comfortable - she had baked cookies and had a present for each of them. We had a good lesson and game. I'm confident that my children know why we celebrate Christmas and that makes me so happy.

After FHE we made about 8 different stops deliverying presents and goodies to YW, people we home teach or serve with. About 3 hours later we arrived home. Austin walked in and asked, "What is that smell? It smells terrible." Kurt immediatly thought the pellet stove had gone out and rush downstairs to restart it. As I walked in the house and smelt it for myself I knew it wasn't the pellet stove but the oven. I walked into the kitchen to investigate the reality dawning on me. I had been making Christmas tree cakes before we left. And in our rush to leave I forgot to take it out of the oven before we left! 3 hours later at 350 degrees and unbelievablely no damage. It was in a silocone pan and honestly you could never know it had baked for 3 1/2 hours.

I don't know what's on your graditude list this Christmas season, but I for one am so grateful that I didn't burn the house down! I'm grateful for this direct blessing of doing service. WOW.


BTW this was a white cake mix.

Kurt had the brilliant idea to use it for our bird feeder (the activity for the night from our Christmas Activity Advent - more to come about that soon.) It was a solid rock.

1 comment:

'T' said...

What a tender mercy! No doubt because of the service. Love you.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...