Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Nine

Today I'm celebrating NINE years with my soul mate, eternal companion, father of my children, provider, team captain and best friend. Can't believe it's been nine. And yet shouldn't it be more (I mean that in the most honest and true complimentary sincerity. It's hard to remember life without him.)



1 super-trying-to-be-eternal-family
2 homes we've owned
3 vehicles (not including work related.)
4 fabulous children
5 (x 6) snakes we killed in our Blackfoot house
6 children we wanted to have when we first got married
7 rungs in the banister that we've broken
8 moves
9 amazingly, wonderful, it-just-keeps-getting-better-with-you YEARS

I LOVE YOU!

(later that night...)

When I got home late after mutual tonight Kurt took me on a surprise scavenger hunt. He worked really hard on the clues (it must rhyme to be a poem!) They made me laugh.

~ If you will recount with me, our 9 year lived blissfully. The first clue you'll easily find in a book where we can sit and rewind. Take a few minutes to remember those days of wonderful courtship and my use of rays.

~ Year number one was full of school, CNA work that was kind of cool. Special Olympics was great, beg your pardon but the best part of the year was spent in a garden. Find the next clue under a souvenir we bought for you.

~ Year number two took us to Ames, lots of new friends that played lots of games. We stayed for a while and then I should tell ya, we moved to an odd town known to most as Pella. Your started your school and itw as fantastic, you enjoyed it so much I thought you were spastic. We were expecting and what to expect, you'll find the next clue in that book of sect.

~ Year number three was full of surprises. Our awaited bundle of joy was early as wises. Sir William was born in the town of Des Moines because he wanted to jump out of your loins. This made life exciting as he was the first to arrive. Now he does homework like is alive. He puts his homework in a folder, there you'll find the next clue in order.

~ Year number four was spent back in Ames where we loved to go camping and play lots of games. School was good and home was suprema, we created a body for beautiful Emma. She loves art and where does she put it. with the clue in dad's little cubit.

~ Year five was a year of transition, we moved to Blackfoot and I took position. We worked as missionaries for the church, it was tough work but rewarding for sur'ch. We had two and I still can't remember how easy it was that life in September. You met Tiniel and you two share a hobby, find the next clue in this case not from Robby.

~ Year six was the worst of your life, we moved to a place full of turmoil and strife. This year was so great to make recompense, it was also the year that we welcomed our Spence. He brings us such joy and makes us all smile, the next clue can be found in his shoe in which he ran a mile.

~ Year number seven we went a loved one to heaven. It caused lots of heartache, it wasn't a pretty sight. I am so proud of you for still trying to make it right. You are a good person and I think you're terr. Find the next clue with a picture of her.

~ In year number eight we added a Rooster, bought a new house, and taught many youngsters. You are a great teacher ...... (edited for PG version) ......

~ We continue to grow in year number nine. This is where I ran out of rhymes. Reading our scriptures, attending the temple, I am truly blessed to find someone who wants to be together forever as much as I do. Thank you for making me a better person. I love you.

4 comments:

Joseph Richards said...

nice work Kurt! even though poems don't have to Rhyme

Elliot and Traci said...

Haha, ohh that just made me laugh. My favorite line was "Sir William was born in the town of Des Moines because he wanted to jump out of your loins." Kurt makes me proud. And of COURSE poems have to rhyme (I think that's what they teach you in Vale).

Happy anniversary!

mom said...

Happy Anniversary! My favorite was the year of turmoil and strife when you moved to VALE!!! Funny!
Super job Kurt! Happy for you two!
See you next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'T' said...

good job kurt, super cool. how exciting you get to see your sister soon. what a wonderful christmas present!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...