Sunday, April 10, 2011

HIT and RUN

Soccer practice got a little interesting and long on Wednesday.

Kurt needed the burban to haul kids to Nyssa for Mutual.

So we met at the Vale Elementary parking lot to exchange vehicles.

It was yet another cold day so the kids and I ate snacks in the pick-up while Austin practiced.

And another soccer standard {for this year at least} practice was going L..O..N..G and we really needed to get home. So I got out of the pick-up to get Austin off the field so we could go home. Just as I reached him I heard a LOUD crunch. I whipped around to see a Black suburban backing away from Kurt's pick-up now decorated with a LARGE dent while the suburban continued to drive away.

I was shocked. And immediately started to run as fast as Lucy would allow me.

The suburban stopped at the gate about the time I reached them and yelled,

"WERE YOU SERIOUSLY NOT GOING TO STOP???!!!"

This was my first experience {ever} with a wreck so I didn't really even know what to do. We exchanged info and just as we were finished a cop pulled up. A friend who witnessed the whole thing called the police. He continued to help me by taking all my kids + the extra I was suppose to take home too. That was a huge help and I felt very indebted to him. Not the best time to not be able to get a hold of Kurt.



Is it horrible of me to say that I'm so glad it wasn't my suburban that got hit?

2 comments:

TulsaT said...

Way to go Rachel! Glad you were able to stop them before getting away.

'T' said...

run Rachel run! Oh man.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...