Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Austin's Field Trip

Austin's class has been doing an electricity unit for the past few months. For their end of the school year field trip they went to Swam Falls Dam just outside of Kuna, Idaho. I was lucky enough to be a chaperon.


The bus ride. I will admit that it was a very difficult ride back to school after we were finished. My pregnant body wasn't handling the small space and my head had had enough of second grade boys.

We had to drive down into the canyon to get to the dam. The kids' reactions were cute and amusing. Austin named it "Grand Canyon Jr." and he also said to me, "I can't believe this didn't make it into my book of 1000 awesome places cause this is AWESOME!"


The Dam was very impressive. I am going to refrain from all the dam jokes that my husband would now insert here.

The guys at Idaho Power gave us a very informative tour.





Austin has trouble with his ears and it was very loud so I think he missed out on a lot of the info. There was still lots of amazing things to see even if you couldn't hear.

Like this turbine in the old dam {a new up-dated addition was added on in 1992.}





Mrs. White & Senora Mason's 2nd/3rd grade classes

I love volunteering and being apart of my kids' school lives. I would be lost without it. Thanks for a good day Austin.

1 comment:

mom said...

wow, you did have a busy week that week! So many things to see and so many things to do!!! I hope you all get naps every now and then!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...