Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Great 2 B Eight!

Sunday, April 17th Austin celebrated his 8th Birthday. I thought a Sunday birthday was perfect since our focus is on his baptism on the 30th.


My itty bitty preemie ~ April 17, 2003


First Birthday {2004}


Second Birthday {2005}


Third Birthday {2006}


Fourth Birthday {2007}


Fifth Birthday {2008}


Sixth Birthday {2009}


Seventh Birthday {2010}


Eighth Birthday {2011}

He had a new suit {pin strip btw} and shoes to wear to church. Plus he opened his Baptism Memories Scrapbook. Aunt Karen made cookies the night before to take to his Primary class while I was busy decorating {aunt Karen rocks!}



He also had his baptism interview with the Bishop. {Later the Bishop told Kurt that he was very quiet and nervous. But during FHE Austin told us he felt the spirit during his interview.}

We had invited family over for a Great 2 B Eight dinner at 4pm. We scheduled it early because there was a Stake High Priest meeting that night at 6. That way Bill and Cindy could come and eat before the meeting. As Kurt was helping me get ready he asked if we would have enough time before the meeting. I looked at him with a dumbfounded look {What was he talking about?? I'm sure his parents could get there in time.} "Honey, I'm a high priest. We have to go to that meeting also." LOL {for like 10 minutes.} I seriously didn't clue in that it included us too.

So plans had to change a little bit. Austin had asked 4 people to share about their baptisms before we ate dinner but we skipped it and the games to get dinner on the way. We served cake and ice cream and Kurt and I seriously walked out the door with a house full of guests. {Again my amazing sister ROCKS! Thank you!!!}

Austin picked the dinner menu of all his favorites: Nachos and home made Mac n' Cheese. We added steak, appetizers and salads to the mix. It was tasty and Austin was happy. For his cake Austin designed a LEGO baptismal font to put on top of his white cake.





He received his Cub Scout uniform and handbook. He attends his first Den Meeting on Wednesday (the 20th.) Not to mention the Pine Wood Derby is next Thursday (car is already cut and he is on the sanding process) and we signed him up for Cub Scout Day Camp in June this morning. Nothing like jumping in with 2 feet!



Mom and Dad gave him a keyboard {complete with headphones for mom! :D} He has had a lot of fun exploring, experimenting and creating.



We have been talking, teaching and preparing for this birthday. I was grateful that all he wanted for his 8th birthday was to get baptized. As we made invitations for his birthday dinner and baptism I told him to write, "I'm excited to be eight" at the top. He didn't like it so I asked him to write what he wanted to say. He wrote, "I'm grateful to be eight." I was touched by his word choice.



Austin you are a great son. We have enjoyed the past eight years with you. Thank you for letting us grow with you, for bringing us joy and understanding of Heavenly Father's great plan. I am grateful for the knowledge you have of the gospel, your desire to be baptized and your sweet testimony.

Te amo un milion ochos!

2 comments:

'T' said...

wow, i don't think i realized he was eight! congratulations on the the decision to be baptized austin. your birthday cake made my whole day!

Joseph Richards said...

I liked the birthday cake too! Great job Austin! I hope you have a great Wolf den and love cub scouts! I enjoyed doing cub scouts w/your uncles. It's a great program! I'm looking forward to April 30th!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...