Monday, October 31, 2011

Boo-tastic!

We made our plans for Halloween costumes early in the month. Unfortunately I didn't execute as quickly. Let's just say I've learned my lesson and will start earlier from here on out and be more organized...

Ruth had her preschool party this morning at Bella's. Sunday night I decided I'd better get her costume together. A few weeks ago Ruth and I picked out trim, fringe, and bling to make her Indian vest. $12 worth of accessories. Sunday night I could. not. find. it. I searched for 2 hours. Offered many prayers {the whole family was praying at that point.} Still couldn't find it. Monday morning we drove the kids to school and raced home to put her costume together. I brainstormed what I could use with stuff I already had. And by some miracle I got it done in the nick of time.

As you can see it turned out great! She loved it. Every time she put in on she would immediately start dancing. Awww she is a funny kid. :)






Candy Corn Lucy's FIRST Halloween
{not the best pic ever. she was not happy with me at the moment. obviously.}


Austin as a LEGO


Emma Lynn as Ariel


Spencer as Russell and Kurt as Mr. Frederickson from UP

We went to the Trunk er Treat. It was crazy windy and Lucy was struggling so I spent the time in the church. We went to visit grandparents after that.



We tried to have a healthy dinner after we got home of Vampire Blood, Werewolf Teeth, Mummy Fingers, Witches Legs and Monster Brains but everyone told me their stomachs hurt. So we scrubbed their teeth and sent them to bed.



Lucy was adorable in the little beanie I made her.



Ok I pretty much think she is adorable ALL the time. She is our sweetest treat.

PS I sold all our Halloween candy to a dentist {who is sending it to troop overseas.} We used the money to buy "CARS 2." Love this. New tradition.

3 comments:

Ben and Elaine said...

What awesome Halloween costumes! They all turned out so cute. Sounds like you all had great fun. Love the healthy dinner and donating the candy to a dentist. I need to find someone who does that in Logan, its brilliant.

Karen and Roger said...

I LOVE SPENCER/KURT'S COSTUME!!! I had no idea they were dressing up as UP. I love love love it. Way to go on all the costumes! And Rooster's pictures cracked me up. :)

mom said...

Ditto on the past two comments. Loved Emma's red hair, Spencer & Kurt were perfect, Lucy adorable, Austin brainy and Ruthie tom tom terrific!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...