Sunday, October 2, 2011

Feasting

We just finished a wonderful Conference weekend. I really, really love conference. Its the good life. The outpouring of the spirit is alway the most perfect treat. We are blessed to hear the prophet speak on such a regular basis. I love that my kids are getting it.



Emma Lynn: "It's Conference this weekend? Yay! I love Conference!"
Austin: "Conference is the most important Sunday of all because we get to hear our prophet speak."


It's TIME to hear our prophet speak.

I had the usual conference packets ready. Plus I added something new this time {an idea I saw on pinterest}, an apostle basket. There were 12 different items in the basket and each one had a picture of an apostle on it. When that apostle spoke we did the coorindating activity in the basket. The rule is that it had to be done reverently! I had an equal amount of food and non-food items. It was definitely a hit, I'm sure they'll be expecting it in April.



During the first session Spencer wished that the choir would sing his favorite, "Praise to the Man." Low and behold the Primary choir during the second session sang it. He was SO excited and the spirit was sweet. I'm grateful for testimony building experiences for my children.


Highlights for me:
* Announcing a temple to be built in Kinshasa! I was shocked and overwhelmed with joy and gratitude for those beautiful saints. Immediately my eyes filled with tears as I shared the excited and testimony with my kids. Now to save up for the dedication. ;)
* President Monson's talk on Saturday {ok on Sunday and every other time he spoke.}
* Sister Dalton's talk on how fathers should raise their daughters {love that lady!}
* Talks on service to give confirmation that I'm on the right track in my life.
* Elder Ardern of the Seventy, "Prioritize your choices so they match your goals."

The kids were so excited that it was Lucy's first time to hear the prophet speak and watch conference. :)




There is nothing better in the world that having the fam gathered together listening to the prophet speak.

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

I thought of Spencer when they sang Praise to the Man! :) Love the pictures of your sweet kids. <3

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...