Friday, September 30, 2011

BFF & more Rainbow fun

We finished up Emma's birthday celebrations today. At school they celebrate all the birthdays for that month on the last Friday of the month. Which was TODAY for the September kids. I made these for her class:



They sang to the five birthday kids and got to pick if they wanted birthday hugs or spankings from Mrs. McDowall {their English teacher.} Guess what Emma picked. ;)



The birthday kids getting the first bite.


This is Hailey Martin. Emma's BFF at school. They quickly became friends when school started this year. How great it is to have good friends.



We invited Hailey to come over after school for a birthday play date. Emma was so excited! It was like her birthday all over again with the counting down, too excited to sleep, etc...Hailey was just as excited.

My kids were cracking me up on the way home from school. They pretty much gave Hailey the first discussion.

"You have to go to church if you want to go to heaven."
"You also need to get baptized."
"Did you know that everyone needs to get baptized. Even those that die."
"Ya, we can do their baptisms for them."

Hailey didn't know what to think of all this, "This that true Rachel? Are they lying?" So proud of my little missionaries.

I had a rainbow balloon banner for a fun surprise. They had a lot of fun with those balloons.



Emma drew a beautiful poster for Hailey {using her desk.} I should have got a closer picture because she put in lots of detail. Especially "I Love Hailey" in big bubble letters. Hailey also drew Emma a picture of them complete with frame that is now on her desk.

There was lots of dancing, jumping on the tramp, more drawing and pizza and rainbow slushies.


Spencer gettin his groove on




Lucy loved the balloons too!




The girls and their FRIENDS FOREVER necklaces.

3 comments:

Elliot and Traci said...

It is 1:30... and I've stayed up ENTIRELY too late catching up on your blog. I think the last post I had read was the Mommy and me preschool post (and that was a really long time ag.). So, THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing everything so well! It's nice to feel in touch with you guys. I LOVED everything you did for Emma's birthday. I don't know where you come up with the creativity or energy, but I'm sure it will never be forgotten by one cute little girl with pierced ears. :) Lucy is getting way too big. Loved the pinterest sidewalk picture of her laying in the L. You might see a repeat of that on my end some day. Hmm... there's lots more I could say, but I'll go to bed instead. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Karen and Roger said...

I love your kids and their missionary spirit! hahaha!

'T' said...

Happy B-day! Cute little besties.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...