Friday, September 9, 2011

The Daily Dose

I learned a long time ago that service makes me happy. And honestly I feel like it makes up a large part of who I am. This love started overseas seeing a need in 3rd world countries and a save-the-world syndrome was born. As my mom has said I get a high from serving.

I have learned that you don't have to be in a 3rd world country to give service. The ONE is important and there is always someone around you to serve.

After Lucy was born and I was struggling to be happy I knew the only answer for me was service. I was dwelling too much in my own woe. I needed to forget myself. The answer is a daily dose of service. Some days its big and others just a mere phone call but for over a month I've sought out the a daily act to giving. I have found that it is easy and the Lord is opening doors. This week was full of larger acts of service and it was rewarding. I'm grateful I understand the true pick-me-up. My cup is over flowing.

2 comments:

Ben and Elaine said...

I'm glad you found the peace you were looking for. You are an amazing women who is constinatly giving, it's hard to imagine that you can find even more time to serve. :) Your example and love for others is inspiring. I hope you will always feel the peace and love of our Savior in your life. You deserve it!

mom said...

Sounds like the talk went very well! I knew it would! I love your forgiving spirit! I love you!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...