Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our Blessing

Today we blessed Lucy Rae. It was such a beautiful day. Thinking of the events makes me smile.



My mom and dad came up from West Jordon on Saturday for the blessing. They were suppose to bring Tim, Elaine and kids but at the last minute they all changed their plans. It was sad, and frustrating but shortly after my parents arrived we attended a baptism and their was such a sweet spirit that calmed me. How grateful I am for that and the peace I felt for the next 24 hours so I could focus on my sweet baby girl.

Kurt gave a beautiful blessing. Those that stood in the circle were Grandpa Bill, Ken and Dirk and uncles Jeff, Dan, Jeff and Doug. Again there was a beautiful spirit in the meeting. Lucy wore the same dress as her sisters accented with red nails {and toes.}


{isn't she precious}

My good friend Kerri {who hasn't been to church in forever} came and stayed all three hours. And she also came out to the house for lunch. This alone makes me
HAPPY.

Another things that made me HAPPY was the weather. Yes, that does sound like a lame factor on the greatness of the day but I must remind you that I go GREEN during the summer. Meaning my house is a sweat fest. Not a fun combo for a gathering of many people. Many prayers were uttered {by myself} for cool temps. The kids woke up complaining that it was cold - they were given strict instructions not to touch the windows or fans!!! When we got home from the church the house was still cool and the increase of bodies didn't raise the temps either. Miraculous. I'm pretty sure I told my mom at least 5 times how great it felt and how happy I was about it. "Ya, I know. You told me." Can I tell you again??

Thanks for the great company and tasty food {pulled pork sandwiches, salads, fruit, lemonade, chips, and Score Cake.} We are blessed with a fabulous family. Lucy is lucky.









4 comments:

Karen and Roger said...

Aww! This was the post I was waiting for. So sweet. Thanks for sharing your pics of your special day.Love your cute family! :)

TulsaT said...

Im so glad you posted the pic of her screaming. I was beginning to think she never fussed.

'T' said...

congrats. what a special day for a new baby and family.

Ben and Elaine said...

What a beautiful baby girl. I'm so sorry we missed it. I really, really wanted to be there. I'm sorry. I'm glad it was a nice cool day and you could enjoy your self. Wish we could have celebrated with you. I'm sorry.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...