Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How do I love thee let me count the ways

I love Valentine's Day. It fun to show EXTRA love and affection to my favorites.

Kurt made a sweet breakfast.


Oh, I can't forget to mention that I was awaken with lots of somethings dropped on my face. It was Kurt. Dropping an entire bag of Hershey kisses on my face as he "showered me with kisses." Luckily I wasn't brusied by his affection. "A" for effort on that one.

We went about the typical Tuesday activities including a very excited, sugar pumped up Cub Scouts. That evening before we started our party Suzie came over so Kurt and Matt Hansen could give her a blessing. Lucy had a bad cough and so we gave her a blessing too. I'm grateful for a worthy husband and that my children can learn about the power of the priesthood in their own home.

We had a nice dinner {the party was planned by Austin this year as part of earning some arrow requirements for Cub Scouts.} It was all the things that we LOVE {crock pot mac n' cheese as the main course.} During dinner we all went discussed other things we love. Its always fun to hear what the kids say. Sometimes you never know...

Then the traditional scavengar hunt for the valentines. I wrapped them this year since Austin planned the clues and hid them that way they would still be a surprise.





They screamed with delight when they opened the "Rio" DVD. Kurt did not understand their excitement. They were equally excited about their personalized journals.

The kids had their school parties on Wednesday {because it was the last day of school for their 6 day break.} So we had to make sure all the class & teacher valentines were ready. This is what it looks like for 4 kids:


Happy Valentines Day my sweets!

Lucy I love you because you are so HAPPY all the time. It spreads joy to everyone you know and see. It swells my heart.

Ruth I love you because you are my buddy. You are my dancing, dressing up diva and I love your creativity of life. You make my days happy.

Spencer
I love you because you are sweet. I love your easy going nature & heart melting smile. I love to watch you find joy in life.

Emma Lynn I love you because you are helpful & obedient. I love your thoughtful nature. I love to see what you create with your artistic talents.

Austin I love you because you are smart and talented. I love when you apply yourself because you can achieve great things. I love to watch to accomplish your goals.

Kurt I love you because you are handsome, hard-working & heavenly. ;) I love you because you complete me.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...