Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dating

We really enjoy making the time to do mommy/daddy dates with the kids. Each month they will get either date with mom or dad and it will switch the following month.

Emma had her daddy date on Thursday. Kurt picked her up from art and then they went to Dairy Queen for a blizzard. She was so cute about it. Before art started she picked out $3 from her piggy bank, "I hope this is enough money to buy a blizzard." When she got home she informed me, "Dad paid for mine." :D learning good dating etiquette already.

They spent the next hour on her desk drawing together. They found a few how to draw pictures and together created Minnie Mouse, Jerry, a raccoon & fish. She was beaming.





Kurt made the comment that night, "I can't believe how excited both girls got for their daddy dates." I'm not. ALL the girls in his life get excited to spend time with him. He's worth getting excited over.

Spencer had his mommy date Saturday morning. I made him breakfast in bed and then we played 2 games on my iPhone. He was in heaven. Now to make sure he understands that it was a special treat and not a every day thing. He's a sweet kid, I enjoyed visiting with him.



The longer I'm a mother of many children the more I realize TIME is the best thing I can give them. These dates are precious to me and the child. It is worth the investment.

2 comments:

Karen and Roger said...

sweet! the look on all of their faces is precious. i still remember one mommy date in vienna when we went out for dinner. i bet your kids will remember their mommy/daddy dates too for years! :)

Ben and Elaine said...

Your kids are adorable! Love them and love daddy/mommy dates. :) Thanks for sharing.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...