Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Girl Scout Retreat

Last weekend {Friday, September 14 & 15} I had the chance to go to McCall for some Girl Scout training. Ahhh I just love McCall this time of year. The colors were already starting to turn. There is something stunning about the color red. Love. It.


I went up early for a camp training. The others {Chelle, Dawn, Amanda, Joan and Jeane}joined me a few hours later. So overall it was an interesting experience. I've analyzed it so here are the determining facts that made the weekend interesting, slightly awkward, strange but good {I think.} ;)

1. This event was NO host by our Girl Scout counsel. It was volunteer ran. So apparently that means you can drink and have as much booze around as you want. It was all very unprofessional to me. Is this what Girl Scouts has become? If so, time to rethink my volunteering.

2. Scouters are slightly strange. With my time in Cub Scout AND Girl Scouts I've decided that life time scouters are just a little different. Not a bad thing. But definitely something to consider...

3. It was a good time for our troop to bond. I enjoyed talking and getting to know the ladies from our troop even better. Now I have some invitations to give out to the Boise temple open house next month! :)

Joan was the camp nurse so we were graced with a cabin with electricity AND heat. Jealous, I know.


All the classes I attended were good and very applicable to what I'm doing right now. I've used something I've learned for both Girl and Cub Scouts this past week. So I'm glad I went and grateful for Kurt's help at home with the kids. Gotta love scouting.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...