Saturday, September 29, 2012

School Life

We've been in school for more than a month now. Definitely back into a routine of extreme running around. I'm still trying to get use to my extra drive time. It is not as easy to run home before the next thing starts. It requires planning and preparation to make sure we are ready for the day when we leave the house.

My friend Kerri Carpenter is driving the kids to school in the morning because she works in Ontario. This is such a blessing. I am very grateful.

The kids are doing well. I was concerned about Spencer having someone to play with at recess. Since that time a new kid moved into his class, Miguel and he has been SO happy! That is a great blessing.

Emma Lynn struggled with headaches the first few weeks. I think it was the transition to second grade but even that problem is seeming to resolve itself.

Fourth grade has been awesome for Austin. He LOVES his teachers and continues to grow in maturity. I'm proud of him.

On Friday, September 21 they had their Back to School Open House. They decided to make it a Family Science Night. They had five different stations set up. There was a great turn out and a lot of education fun to be had. That is exactly why I love Four Rivers.



 Even Lucy wanted to rock the stylish safety goggles! :)

I've also been volunteering on Friday. Christy Ruf and I swap kid watching when we volunteer. Although I'm gone a lot longer since I try to get to three classrooms. She is kind to me. Obviously I know {and love} the 2/3 and 1st grade teachers. But I have been equally impressed with the 4/5 grade. 

Yesterday at recess Spencer wanted me to take a picture of everything. But now that I have the pictures I'm glad to have captured this part of his everyday school life.


Plus they celebrated the September birthdays at the end of school. We brought cupcakes for Emma Lynn's class. Her pose cracks me up - where did she learn that?!

Still worth the daily drive.

1 comment:

'T' said...

So wonderful! Growing up so quickly.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...