Sunday, September 30, 2012

Punky Rooster

On Sunday, September 23rd Ruth had her first talk in Primary. It was about keeping the commandments.

Here is her talk:

" Heavenly Father gave us commandments.
They are rules.
Heavenly Father loves us.
He wants us to be happy.
If we keep the commandments we will be happy."

Then she told a story that she made up complete with visuals that she had colored about a girl who was mean and that wasn't keeping the commandments and said sorry that was. If we keep the commandments we are go back to heaven. And then she bore a two sentence testimony.

Some of my favorite moments was her practicing before church and giving it again to us after church. The primary room was super full and she got nervous so she didn't say all the parts she had memorized but at least she was talking. At the end when I was giving her prompts she would just nod, as if to say, Yep that's right! But you have to tell them Ruth. Funny kid!

I am really enjoying Ruth while the others are in school. It always seems to be that way when the kids are four. She has such a fun, spunky personality. She keeps me laughing and on my toes. She is a fabulous helper {although she hates to pick up her own things in her own room. Go figure.}

She recently learned how to write the word "eat" by copying some decor I bought for our kitchen. Emma then proceeded to teach her how to write "food." So I have been finding "eat food" on every scrap of paper I find. It is very cute. But when I found it written on the roof of Emma's cardboard play house it gave me such a laugh!

I love you Rooster girl. Thanks for being so much fun, being such a great helper and making life happy.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...