Monday, December 29, 2014

All About Emma Lynn

September 21-September 27, 2014

Sunday was the Primary program. It was perfect. This is the paragraph that you might want to skip over if you get totally annoyed with bragging moms. All of them said their parts perfectly. Including Austin who memorized his long part the morning of {after we had to text Christy to get it!} Ruth smiled the entire time. Awwww her grin just melts my heart. Its the same grin for dance recitals, happy-to-see-you and all performances big or small.  Spencer is a singing super-star. He knows the words and sings out. His face is so serious and with so much contentation. It is amusing. He saw a duet with Trevor Stewart. At one point all the boys in Senior Primary sang the priesthood song. Spencer leaned over to his teacher and said, "They should have asked me to sing with them." haha Emma Lynn and Austin were more serious and less animated but they were reverent and great leaders. Each time my kids said their part or sang a song the spirit testified. It was a beautiful meeting. The Primary leaders were released and I am grateful to them for their service for my kids. Excited for Marti as the new Primary President!


Monday was Emma's TENTH Birthday!! I felt a lot of pressure Sunday night to make sure the decorations looked good for my party planner. ;) She was very pleased when she woke up.




Usually the kids pick out a cereal for their birthday she didn't want to this year and gave a very specific menu request of pancakes, eggs, muffins and smoothies. She opened a new outfit to wear and we got ready for the day.


Kelli was sweet enough to watch the little girls so we could have the day together. As requested she wanted to do "THE TEN CHALLENGE."  It was a random birthday challenge involving the number 10 that I put together for Austin's 10th birthday. She remember and requested.




she completed
#1: Send TEN texts of love and/or gratitude. 
{maybe you were lucky enough to receive one of these texts.}


#2: Pick out gifts under $10 for your siblings in TEN minutes.

#3: Find & take pictures of TEN number TENS around town.
{I realize that only 9 are pictured here but that is what the collage would hold and the tenth ten looks a lot like the other 9.}


#4: At 10:10 take a selfie and do the TEN dance {she made it up the night before in pure excited anticipation of her birthday.}

#5: Put together TEN new outfits. 
She was very excited about this one. She asked for new church clothes for her birthday. She really wanted some long maxi skirts. I wanted to teach her about mixing and matching to make new outfits. She did not get 10 items but things she could make 10 outfits with. We went to Target, Old Navy and Gordmans.


#6: Paint TEN nails. 
We did pedis with bright neon colors. Holding onto summer fun haha



#7: Pick up TEN pieces of garage in a public space.
We went to a gas station. They had plenty to pick up.

#8: Order the TENTH item on the menu.
She chose Sonic for lunch, she really like their Cream Slush drinks {I may have introduced her to them.} But she got lucky, number ten was chicken strips.


#9: Find TEN items to make a craft.
We braved Hobby Lobby - I say braved because I love that store and it requires a lot of self control! She wanted to make a necklace and picked out 10 beads.

#10: Give away TEN flowers.
This was one of my favorites when Austin did the ten challenge so I wanted to bring it back for Emma. We bought a bouquet of Geber Daisies at Costco and then she made a plan of who to give them too. 2 to Kelli for watching the girls, 2 to her Girl Scout leader {both ladies said they were their favorite}, and anonymously left some on her teacher's desk. She had two left at this point. We ran into the secretary who was upset. We gave her the last two along with a hug. I love how the Lord will put you in the right place when your heart is ready to serve.

 She did it! She completed the TEN challenge!!! 

After Girl Scouts we went home for her favorite dinner of taco salad {third birthday in a row}, FHE, presents, cake & ice cream. She loved the face painting book and supplies from Grandma Richards and her new bean bag chair for her room. It was a great day and a great birthday.



This girl is beautiful and a blessing in our lives. I LOVE celebrating her! Happy, Happy Birthday Emma Lynn

The theme this week was friendship. Tuesday we took a field trip to the park {friends play together.} The change in the routine was helpful for most of the kids who have been sad and/or struggling. Lucy was in heaven to spend so much time at the park and the weather was perfect.
 


After school was Activity Days. I. Love. This. Calling. Why have I not had it before??!! haha Seriously grateful. We talked about what Beauty is and what makes them beautiful. The spirit testified as I told them they are beautiful because they are daughter of God. They are eager and willing to listen. I hope their spirit will remember that truth in the years to come that are both life forming and challenging. After the lesson we made crowns, took pictures and gave them mirrors.


Kurt took Ruth to her soccer game. Spencer didn't go because of an injured toe. Spencer told me Monday that he couldn't wear his tennis shoes because his toe hurt. I didn't see it until Tuesday - it looked gross! Kurt said it was an ingrown toenail. 

Wednesday after dropping off the kids to school the little girls and I met Maria Weber in Nyssa {half way} to run together. We put the girls in the jogging stroller and did 4 miles. I don't love the jogging stroller but I am struggling to find time to run while I teach. Maria is a great motivator and kind enough to trade off pushing the girls. I need to find another race to train for.

We took Spence to the DR after school while Emma was in ballet. It was indeed an ingrown toenail and cellulitis. They prescribed an antibiotic plus warm soaks 2x a day for 10 days.

Thursday I had the inspiration to have Lucy help me with one of the boys who has been struggling in preschool. She said the night before that this boy was her friend because he talked to her. I remembered that when he came and handed Lucy a ball and asked her to play with him. I pretty much let her work her magic and that she did. He didn't cry once. His mom was able to leave at the beginning of class. And Lucy is in love. Kurt and I have known for a long time that this girl is going to always keep us on our toes. And after that class all my inclinations are confirmed. She has been talking and singing about her friend non stop. Oh that girl.

Friday after family breakfast we went to Nysa to meet up with Maria Weber. We ran 4 miles while pushing two heavy girls in the jogging stroller. Maria is a good friend and switched off pushing with me. I appreciate her inspiration and friendship. 

We had Marcus and Claire Robins spend the night Friday after Ruth was done with ballet. They are great kids and it was a pleasure to have them! As Emma said, "We should have them over once a month!" The lodge hosted its first sleepover. The boys were out there while the girls were in Emma's room. But it gave them space to craft, create, be silly and have privacy. I really think we are going to like that space. 

Friday evening was the first pack meetng BBQ. We left the oldest kids home with their friends while we went in.

Saturday at 4 we met their grandparents in Nyssa and then Emma and I attended the general women's broadcast. It was a beautiful meeting and a great outpouring of the spirit. I love that the Lord loves us enough to give us modern revelation and a constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Afterwards we had treats with Maria and Ambrie. I had a cotillion and stake dance after that.




No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...