Monday, December 29, 2014

Finding rainbows every day

October 12-18, 2014

Sunday 10.12
I got a text Saturday from the Primary secretary asking Spencer to give a talk the next day. I told him the topic, reminded him to use a scripture and he wrote the entire thing. I was so touched him what he wrote. Sadly he left it at church before I got a picture of his talk. :( He looked up his scripture in the topical guide {but I want to remember that he calls it the "tropical guide" right now.} He told the story of Hallie's death but testified that because of temple covenants they will be a forever family. It was beautiful. Proud to be this kid's mom.

After church I had a trek meeting. It turned into a marathon meeting session but it is very exciting activity to plan. Its crazy, surreal and exciting that Austin will get to participate.

Monday 10.13
Lili told me during GS that Spencer was puking. Ahhhhh poor kid. Hate to start that sickness going around.

Tuesday 10.14
spence didn't go to school due to the puking from the day before. He did not have a relapse thank goodness. We had apple madness at preschool.


We did a babysitting clinic for Activity Days that afternoon. Sandra, Amber Duncan and Chenai Barnes helped me put it together. I thought it went very well. Emma is uBer anxious to babysit someone besides her siblings now!

Wednesday 10.15
Kurt left early in the morning to go hunting again. It was the last day of deer season. The dogs had an appointment at the vet to get spayed and neutered. I've also set it up that Wednesday is my volunteer day at the school - Kaitlin Hasler is going to watch the little girls for me so I can volunteer. She texted early that morning that she would be hunting and couldn't come. Ahhh! Plus I was still had plans to run with Maria W. I didn't have room to take the dog into the vet plus the jogging stroller. Ahh! It was obviously quite quickly that I couldn't transport the dogs in the suburban with a load of children too. Yikes! Took the kids to school. Got a pickup from RPM. Loaded up the dogs from home and an hour late took them to the vet. Phew. They are wild those puppies. Crazy morning. Maggie and Kea offered to the watch the little girls so I could still get my run in - so grateful. As I was driving up 7th Ave so frustrated and in a bad mood I looked over at my sweet girls who were grinning and dancing to the music. All the frustration melted. And at that moment there was a rainbow right over my house. Those little crazy things so matter, it all works out. God is in the details of our lives.



I had a brilliant idea last week and after doing some research we put the plan into action today. I have been wanting something more for Emma's ballet education. There are not any other options where we live. I am grateful for the opportunity have ballet at the school, its been so convenient and such a blessing to so many. But I knew the only way I could give Emma something more is if I carpooled with someone. Claire Robins. After talking in detail with Chelle, Amber {the studio owner and instructor} and Kurt we decided to give it a try not knowing if Emma would be at the same level as Claire or if we could make the time commitment work. We drove out to Star so she could try the class.

She will do Ballet 4 as a technique class, Tap and then Ballet 5. Miss Amber felt like she could keep pace with Ballet 5. How exciting for Emma! I'm so proud of her hard work ethic and determination. Chelle is going to drive her both ways I just need to pick her up in Parma. I feel so grateful for Amber and Chelle to make this amazing opportunity happen. I have a very grateful heart!

Thursday 10.16
We went to the pumpkin patch in between the two preschool classes. They were so excited to pick out their pumpkins! Lucy only wanted to pick out tiny pumpkins for Jane and then force her to carry them. She's so thoughtful like that.


I want to remember that Jane loves using the magnets on this board every time we have preschool


We took family pictures that evening at the large blue pipes by Marti's house. I'm really excited to see them - I know they will be great!

Friday 10.17
Traci came to town to visit so we hosted a Halloween party for the cousins. I am blessed to have a professional party planner in the family. I cleaned up the house and she got the rest ready. L O V E it! She did a fabulous job. My favorite is that she left me a TO-DO list {included mopping the floor} and a shopping list. I felt so proud to report after school that I finished all her requests. haha


We did a soup pock-luck and then Emma took care of the games for the kids afterwards. It was a bit loud with all the excitement. We would expect anything less.






 I adored this creative expression from Jane during dinner. She was super proud of it!







{Austin had his cross country end of season party at Coach Bethany's house that evening. So he missed out and Kurt missed a lot too since he had to drive him. He had a wonderful night. It was a great season, lots to celebrate!!}

Saturday 10.18
I had a special surprise for the girls. We went to Disney on Ice, "Let's Celebrate!" The last time we went Lucy was a baby and I knew she would LOVE it. And I was right. It was so fun and magical and made me want to drive down to Disneyland as soon as we were done! ;) Emma had a thought once or twice that she might be too old for it but luckily that didn't last long. I love doing thing with just the girls. Jane did fabulous and really got into it, clapping after all the numbers.





Meanwhile Kurt and Austin were at a merit badge fair in Ontario. Kurt had been asked to teach the surveying merit badge. Austin got to choose two badges to work on that day. He picked cooking and surveying {so loyal to his dad.} He had lots to say about both and really enjoyed it. To finish his cooking badge he has to plan and prepare 9 more meals. It looks like Austin will be in charge of our consumption next week. Kurt was really impressed with how well Austin did with the surveying, understanding the concepts and applying. He spent the rest of the afternoon surveying our land {also a requirement to finish that badge.} Kurt got glowing reviews, it was definitely a very successful day for them.

Spencer spent the morning with the Bairs. After we got home we were able to spend some time with Traci. Its always wonderful to catch up and let the cousins play.


That night we did something we haven't done in Y E A R S. I seriously can't remember how long it has been. We went out to dinner with race friends {without going to the temple.} The Webers, Johnsons, Paiges and us. We had sushi and Owgawas and the kids babysat themselves. The house was still standing and no one died - good night.

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
Austin got his prep school sweat shirt this week. Its definitely a right of passage. I hope I'll be able to get it off him every month or so to wash it!!


On those random mornings when there are no tears over hair this is what it might look like.



No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...