Monday, December 29, 2014

Caramel Apple {NEW} Fall Tradition

October 19-25, 2014

Sunday 10.19
Becca Hawkins mission farewell. Sacrament meeting was very full. Ruth gave a sweet talk in Primary on marriage. Emma helped her write it last Sunday after she got the assignment and her parents were at meetings. The part I liked the most is that she said she has made the choice to get married in the temple.

After church the oldest 3 kids helped me make 3 meals for the Belnap family who has been super sick the past week. Plus Austin made our dinner of Mandarin chicken. We needed more rice so he was cooking that when we went to deliver the food. Near the end of the visit he texts that the rice is burnt, 30 sad and/or crying emoji and "I'm disappointed in myself." We left shortly after receiving that text. Even though we had to cook our third batch of rice it was still a success. He is on a roll after his cooking merit badge yesterday. He has 8 more meals to plan and cook.

I love Sunday afternoons when we are serving together and Sunday evenings when we are all home together talking about the gospel. Those are the treasured everyday moments.

Monday 10.20
Low key morning at home after grocery shopping. A short run, laundry and floors while preparing for Girl Scouts. We made puppet and learned a song about GS founder, Juliette Low whose birthday we are celebrating next week.

Emma came to me during scouts and said she had twisted her ankle at recess. She was in pain and limping. She was still determined to go to ballet after scouts. Kurt gave her a blessing that night after FHE.

We had the Booths over for dinner and FHE. Lucy loved having Catherine around and stuck to her side. And luckily they didn't terrorize Jared. It was a good evening and Ruth even got to bed on time!


Kurt gave Emma a blessing that night before bed for her ankle to heal.


Tuesday 10.21
We learned about fall during preschool. So grateful the graham house has real trees that lose their leaves. My girls were especially excited to play in the leaves. Its fall magic.




As I was leaving Vale I got a phone call that Kenzie had a fever and Marti and Kelli were both in Nampa. I went down and picked her up. She stayed with us until they got back. She didn't say much but tears were streaking down her cute, sad little face. Kelli took her to the Dr that afternoon and she has strep. Normally I would already be in Ontario. I'm grateful the Lord has a hand in our lives and I was able to help Kenz.

When I picked up the kids Emma begged to stay and practice to dance with Claire so she was prepared for class tomorrow. Austin begged to stay for study hall.

Austin made a lasagna dinner. It was enjoyable and I love the skills he is learning and the time we have spent together. Luckily the week is not over.

In between lasagna I made two sugar scrubs for a RS meeting that evening, "Mason Jar Madness." Maggie came over and we went together. I presented how to make scrubs, luckily they are super simple to make so it was easy to present. Emma came with to help with babysitting. She has been very anxious to babysit anyone besides her siblings since the AD babysitting clinic. Jessica also brought her essential oils and so we visited a lot about that at the end. Its very interesting.

Wednesday 10.22
Austin started late-start off right by making us a pancake breakfast. Did I mention I'm loving this cooking merit badge? Kaitlin Hasler came over to watch the little girls so I could volunteer for a few hours. Its the first time of this school year. Its always good and interesting to see what goes on in the classroom and be involved.
 The boys had a card battle on the way to school - Apples VS Pokemon. It was interesting to listen to

With this cutie in class!

The girls were happy when I got home - always grateful when babysitting situations work out. Quick shower and back to pick up kids.

We went to the library after school. Emma turned in her drawing contest submission. While the other kids were inside Emma and I had our mommy date {since it was the 22nd day of the month} in the car {Jane was sleeping.} We shared smarties and had to ask or share with each one we ate. I really am trying to teach the kids that mommy dates don't have to cost money - the most important aspect is the time spent together.

We took the girls back to the school so Emma could catch her ride with the Robins to The Dance Academy. It was her first official week. I packed her a lot of food that morning so she would have food for dinner too. Claire and Emma were SOOOO excited!

Meanwhile Ruth told me she didn't have dance today. They had canceled it. Its so frustrating to me. I'm grateful to have it so accessible at the school but at the same time I would like the teacher to take it more seriously.

Austin cooked mac' n cheese and rice a roni for dinner. He was SO excited about the rice a roni. Funny kid. Having a less rushed dinner is really nice.

We left at 7 to take Austin to scouts and headed to Parma to pick up Emma. Dance was a great success and she was super smiley and bubbly when I got there. "Ballet 4 is no problem. I'm going to have to work at Tap. But I really want to do it." Miss Amber called me on the way home and I appreciate her kindness in helping Emma succeed. She was very complimentary to Emma's attitude and work ethic. Grateful for generous adults who build my children up.

Last night we heard a mouse. Our babysitter saw the mouse. Tonight it ran up Austin's leg. So when I got home Kurt and I did some deep cleaning and poison/trap setting. We haven't had any mice in this house so I'm sad to have this problem now and disgusted with our cat! He's fired. Mice just make everything feel dirty. Hoping its a short lived problem.

Kurt bought his birthday present today - a 7MM Savage {that reads a gun.}

We are getting excited for the McMullans to come visit - one week exactly. Ruth asked, "The next time I wear this shirt {different color collared uniform each day} they will be here!" :)


Thursday 10.23
Kerri is out of town so Kurt took the kids to school since it was a preschool day. For the first time Lucy didn't stay for the second class. She was more interested in what the iPad had to offer I guess. Surprising because she likes the boys in that class.

After school we did some thrift store shopping. We found quite a few deals including my first Christmas purchase. Woot woot. I'm excited about it. Maybe it'll get me jump started. Idaho Youth Ranch lets kids pick out a free book EVERY time they go to the store. That was a fun treat.

Ran back to Vale for Emma's art. Popped popcorn for the pack meeting and took Spencer to the store with Kurt. The rest of us went to Fruitland for Lucy and Ruth's clogging. They are both so cute. I love it. I love watching all of my kids do something they love.

The pack meeting was a great success. It was a carnival. They went around to different booth and played games to receive a punch on their card. After the card was full they could pick out a prize {hundreds of used toys, games and stuffed animals.} Every single kid in the gym was in heaven.  Bless my children's heart they ALL focused on the the stuffed animal, pretty sure we came home with 15 "new" ones. I was praying for strength to suppress the panic attack. Lucy picked out two porcelain looking dolls and was so excited to have her own "American Girl dolls! "Can I keep these forever? Are they mine to keep forever?" How can you not smile?





Friday 10.24
No School - woot woot! But we had to pick up donuts from the school fundraiser and deliver them. Thank goodness for RPM. It is a great place to drop off/pick up. We got home just as Maria and kids pulled up. We made caramel apples together. The house was crazy as in not clean. We are dealing with
a mouse problem currently and yet it was a perfect time. Acceptance as I am. So grateful to have a true friend.









~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Spencer caught a fly Sunday during our HT visit. He ripped off the wings and told the fly he would have to walk now. "You're a WALK." hahahaha
- Jane's cutest new trick

- Jane loves snack time at preschool



No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...