Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vegas Road Trip Continued

Sunday we went to church with Grandpa and Grandma Waite. Their church didn't start until 1 pm. It was a recipe for disaster. 4 children by myself, late late late church, unbearable heat and close quarters. IT WAS NOT A GOOD situation! Definitely one of those aaahhhhh I'm going to pull out all my hair moments!

After we got through sacrament meeting it was all good. Emma Lynn actually went to her Primary class all by herself. I WAS SO PROUD of her!!! Ruth and I were doing hall duty so we joined Spencer in nursery. (Next month she is official ~ crazy!)

We spent the rest of the day at Grandma's house. We enjoyed the time to visit and the kids weren't too crazy or loud so hopefully we didn't completely wear them out! Grandma had lots of pirate stuff from Cousin Capers for the kids. Naturally they LOVED it and had so much fun. ARRRR matey!







Monday we hung out and had a nice dinner and FHE with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Caroline, Herb, Pam and all the kids. The highlight was playing in the flood irrigation water. Don't ever underestimate the fun power of mud and water. Thanks Matt and Dawn for being such great hosts! It was a great trip!







Tuesday morning we got back on the road. I decided to come home the Utah way (I was thinking it would be really nice to actually see people while I was traveling especially since I was by myself with 4 kids.) We stopped in Fillmore, and Layton, UT and Mountain Home, ID. 3 stops again ~ way to go guys! They make it really tempting to want to keep traveling (don't worry I am!!)


Ruth LOVES water bottles! She plays for hours taking the cap on and off and "drinking" (dumping) water.

We did miss Kurt tons though!
Austin, "These trips just aren't as much fun without dad."
Emma Lynn, "I just miss dad so so much. I want to see him!"
Spencer, "I'm going to sit on his head."

It's always good to be home.

3 comments:

Marti Bair said...

I love the dad comments! Spencer is so funny!

Dirk said...

Ruth you are the cutest pirate ever! What a great mural! Loved little muddy Spence! Great pics as ever! Thanks so much!

Elliot and Traci said...

Haha, the dad comments were the best. Spencer is so sentimental! :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...