Sunday, July 26, 2009

Youth Conference

Friday and Saturday was Youth Conference in Garden Valley at Camp Glenwood. I had 8 Young Women go. We had a great time and it was also a spiritual feast for me. I love going to events like this, meeting wonderful spiritual giants and totally being strengthen. It really makes me want to step up my game. I feel re-energized! I CAN DO IT!

We got there early and it was so hot. So we went on a walk to find the river to cool off. After a good climb down we found the most ideal spot! It had a sandy beach point, and excellent rocks to jump off. After about 5 minutes of stewing over should I vs should I not go swimming I couldn't resist the water any longer and jumped in, clothes and all. It was so cold it took your breath away. We progressed to a high cliff (around 15-20 feet) and it was a fun adrenaline rush. The swimming was (one of) the highlight of the trip and as soon as it was over on Saturday we went back for more. Only draw back was that our spot had become popular and it was too crowded.

There were the typical Youth Conference events: games, lots of wonderful speakers, dance, musical numbers, good food, service projects and a few impromptu that we added like sleeping under the stars and swimming.

A few things that I learned at Youth Conference:
~ The past week the spirit has really been humbling me. In this humility I have turned more fully to the Lord. And it gives me courage to stand taller and try harder because with God all things are possible.
~ Attitude is EVERYTHING! There are lots of things in life that we don't have control over. But attitude is one thing we do. We can choose to be happy and positive during a trial. We can choose to overcome great odds and we can choose to become and accomplish anything we desire with the right attitude.
~ I want to look into what it would take (education wise) to become a seminary teacher. I want to start studying the scriptures to become seminary teacher material.

I love my Young Women. I love spending time with them. They are amazing girls. I am impressed with their character and their strength. I am honored to rub shoulders with them and be apart of their lives. What a blessing for me! I hope they know how special and important they are to me.


We got to meet Shawn Bradley. He is overwhelming tall!


The cabins. They left me feeling a little claustrophobic (that's why we slept outside!)


Sleeping under the stars




The Vale crowd on "the rock"


Leaders Tiffany Johnson and me

2 comments:

'T' said...

as always you inspire me! aren't the youth great?

Dirk said...

Did you get Shawn Bradley's autograph? Tim asked "Why is he there?" Brother. You already are seminary material, you love the Lord and the youth and have a testimony! Just keep up that daily scriptrue study and feast upon the word. It's delicious! You're doing great on your goal to have fun all summer long.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...