Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's My Life

When things get busy and crazy and silly and frustrating and sometimes chaotic and fun Bon Jovi runs through my head. "It's my life. It's now or never...I just wanna live while I'm alive." Maybe its the soundtrack of my life.

A.u.S.T.i.N
Austin is celebrating 100 days of school today. I'm ready to celebrate school's out!

Austin and his classmate Junior celebrate their 100th day by eating a class contributed trail mix and fruit-loop necklace.

But he continues to excel, remember random and useful info, practice math facts, and read like his life depends on it [we sat down to read the other night, "Oh, I just love a good book." {{heart squeeze}}]

Austin wanted to give the family home evening lesson 2 weeks ago. He went down to our drawer of lessons, picked one out and prepared it. He gave it perfectly and bore a sweet testimony at the end. After he finished he shared with us, "I'm feeling the Holy Ghost right now." These are the sweet moments!

The other day we found out that Jeff and Julie are having a little boy {yay for more boy cousins!!!} Austin was in his room explaining to his siblings, "The dad picks the name for the baby and the mom nods her head yes." WHAT???!!! I went in to help clarify! Austin further explained: nods her head yes or no. Ok. That's much. better.

E.m.m.A. L.Y.n.n.
Emma Lynn has been going to Little Steps the past 2 months (it is a program at the Elementary School that they do for incoming kindergartners to help them get ready, feel comfortable, etc...) I still had to take Spencer down to the babysitting class room and it was time to start so Mrs. Wagner (Austin's teacher last year) took Emma's hand and they went in together. !!! I know this sounds silly and insignificant but it's NOT in Emma's world. HUGE progress, so proud of you sister!

Emma Lynn is known for her thoughtfulness. She is constantly making love notes, cards and pictures for everyone. Luckily as her parents we are the recipients of most of her kindness. We have a entire nightstand devoted to the cards she makes for us. Last week she wanted to get them all out and look at them together. I wanted to count them. So we did. She has made us 106 cards. I am such a lucky mom to have such a sweet daughter!


106

She continues to be super helpful in all things especially where kids (siblings, cousins, and preschoolers) are concerned. Thanks Emma!


S.P.e.N.c.E.R.
This kid is so funny. So something. He is definitely going to give me a run for my money!

I was putting Rooster down for her nap last week when Emma and Jacqlyn ran in the room, "Spencer is toilet papering the neighbor's tree!"

WHAAAAT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does my near 4 year old even know about such an activity?

I run outside to see a roll of toilet paper in Spencer's hand, and 2 strands already strategically placed on the tree. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I convinced him that, no it was NOT funny and yes he did need to come inside right this very minute!!!

S: "But mom it is funny."
M: "It's really not because toilet paper makes such a huge mess when it gets wet. No one wants to clean up that yucky mess."
S: "But it was funny on 'Bed Time Stories.'"
M: "Remember that's just a movie and its NOT funny in real life."

Curse that Adam Sandler. I've never liked him!

Now a sweet story. Spencer was explaining that we never grow up. Even when we are grow ups. We are always kids because we are Heavenly Father's children. Kelli asked him if we have a Heavenly mother. "Yes." What is her name? "Heavenly Misses?"

These pictures explain themselves. He was exhausted one night during scripture study and fell asleep while eating his banana.


R.o.O.S.t.e.R

I'm really nervous. She turns 2 in four days. The past 3 days she has been such a pill. understatement. Huge, major, ugly, disgusting fits. Constantly. If this is what 2 is going to be like with her.....like I said, I'm nervous.

Kurt calls her, "Hormonia."

She loves to wash her own hair now during bath time. She is uBer proud of herself.


And we are battling sleep issues. Absolutely no milk during the night. It doesn't make her happy. But major dental work is in the near future for her and that doesn't make me happy. She is definitely our baby.



Slowly but surely she is learning (or choosing) to say more words. It helps with the communication thing.

AND I love the moments when they all play together without fighting or teasing (sadly a rare thing.) Here we they are playing super spies!



It's my life and I wouldn't change it for anything!

5 comments:

Marti Bair said...

This is such a cool post. It had all the components of a good read. I laughed, I cried (not really but I have been super emotional lately) and I felt contected to the characters!

'T' said...

HA, toilet papering. What a kid!

Joseph Richards said...

You should receive 100 kisses, 100 hugs and 100 blessings for keeping long distant grandparents connected to your world! MERCI!!!

Elliot and Traci said...

I loved this post! You have great kids, all wonderful in their own way. Love them and love you!

Tia J said...

I love your kids! I look forward to read what they are doing. And to know that I am not the only one who has these exciting little things happen to.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...