Sunday, February 14, 2010

{{ Heart }}

Valentines is ranking up there with my favorite holidays. I love all the fun and cute ways to say I love you. So much fun! Plus my heart is so full.

We gave the first clue to the annual valentine hunt before breakfast so the kids could use it at church (a new coloring book for each.)

We had Stake Conference today. A new Stake President was put in, and our bishop is now the First Counselor in the Stake Presidency. Change is coming. I have really enjoyed working with Bishop Jacobs. He is a great man.

After church we finished up the hunt for the valentines. Kurt wrote the clues this year:

~ The first clue you will find where you wipe your little behind.



~ Find the next clue by using the first letter of every word in the riddle on the back. [Funny Rabbits Itch Dead Giraffe's Ears = FRIDGE]



~ The next clue is to be found where a hand goes round and round.
~ The next clue is in a place where Emma likes to draw and erase. It rhymes with diesel.
~ The last clue is down the stairs , to the right and then in sight.


Reading one of the new Valentine gifts, our favorite, "Where the Wild Things Are."

We made preparations for our dinner at Bill and Cindy's and then I delivered a few more Valentines to young women I hadn't seen yet. While I was gone the kids decorated the dinning room wall with hearts each with reasons why they love me. aaaww, thanks guys!



It was my turn for dinner this week and since it was Valentine's Day I gave everyone a theme: pink or red food. We dyed the potatoes pink, the rolls pink, pink Shasta, pink fruit salad, pink jello, cherry cheesecake and beets. As Marti said, "It tasted a lot better than it looked."





I {{ heart }} this amazing man. He is so good to me.


Yes, I'm showing off my fabulous red heels. I {{ heart }} them, too!

I {{ heart }} these fantastic kids that make me laugh and smile and dance and sing (sometimes want to blow off some steam!) I have learned so much about life from you - please don't ever stop teaching me.




Rooster loves the red heels too! :D

And I {{ heart }} all those who have touched my life and my family. Happy {{ heart }} day!

5 comments:

'T' said...

red heels, so HOT. looks like a fun day.

Marti Bair said...

Who took the picture of you and Kurt on the couch? Austin? You guys had fun with the scavenger hunt. Love how the toilet was the first clue. Also, the dinner was great!

The R Crew said...

Emma is always the photographer.

Elliot and Traci said...

Love the dinner and the red heals. :)

Tia J said...

I just bought myself red heels and I love them as well. So fun!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...