Friday, February 12, 2010

Madison's a Blessing

Last Friday we headed over to Shelley, Idaho for the weekend for Madison's baby blessing. We drove straight to IF (Kurt had to stop there and get parts) without ANY stops. I love that they are such good little travelers.

We had a few hours with Traci, Elliot and Madison before the rest of the family arrived. I enjoyed having them to myself for a little bit cause we never get to see them enough!

Madison is such a sweet and beautiful baby. This face is irresistible!




They are living in Elliot's grandparents house since Grandpa died. We were overdosed in orange and brown but it is a nice house. It had lots of space for all 18 of us which made it a fun weekend that we could all be together (minus Jeff, Julie, & Mollie - missed you!) My family + Braxton had had a big sleepover in the family room. Naturally bed time was pushed back later than normal but I definitely can't resist a sleepover!



There was an impressive selection of games in the house. We played a lot of them! Saturday night Elliot, Dan, Kurt and I played "5 Crowns." I learned a few things about Elliot that night! (and myself I must add! And Elliot, I really do love you.) Bill joined in the second game. It's lots of fun, you should play it!



Saturday the girls went shopping (Cindy, Marti, Brooke, Kelli, Traci, Emma Lynn and I) in IF. We went to Victoria's Secret. I bought a new bra that has pretty much changed my life. Karen met us at the mall and it was fun to visit, just way too short!


Brooke's first pigtails








Austin wanted to check out Elliot's nursing book about the human body. Kurt gave all of them an in depth preschool anatomy lesson.


Braxton's somersault skills


The kids ran miles of laps in the family room. Kenzie was SO excited to join in the fun!


The girls love grandma!

And of course Sunday morning was Madison's blessing (the reason we went to Shelley!) She was so beautiful and so was the blessing. They are such a cute little family.


She made so many different faces that were so cute that I had to show them all!
Thanks for a wonderful weekend, we you love!

3 comments:

'T' said...

oh she has sweet cheeks! that was our first couch, no kidding (that brown and orange one). i tried to sell it at a neighbor's garage sale for $10, no takers. i actually was sad to see it go. misses.

Marti Bair said...

Wow what a good recap of your weekend. You are such a good writing and picture taker. I love you for doing this!

Elliot and Traci said...

This was so fun to read/look at! You got a lot of great pictures that I didn't capture. That first picture of Madison cracked me up. How fat her cheeks are! I'm SO GLAD you guys were all able to come down and you are WELCOME to come back ANY TIME you want! We loved having you all! Thanks for making Madison's blessing weekend so great!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...