Monday, February 22, 2010

Family Service Night

This month I decided to invite all the preschoolers and their families to join us. We have been talking about love and sharing all month so a family service project was a perfect way to finish up the month.

The families brought items to donate for care packages for the military who are serving from our community. Then we made cards and wrote letters to put in the care packages.

A member of the non-profit organization Veteran's Advocate for our area came and spoke to us. To finish up we will take a field trip in March to their office to help them assemble and ship the care packages.



I was pleased with the turn out. I always love the feelings after doing one the "special" preschool evening family events. This was the first service project. Definitely becoming a tradition. You can't deny the joy of service.


My kids plus Rylie Stokes showing off their letters. Emma Lynn completely covered hers is accessories, Austin drew a battle (good guys won), and Spencer had me help him write Thank You and then he drew a picture of Satan drowning in quicksand (apparently he is thinking of another war!)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey Chris came and spoke! I hope I led you in the right direction, I got addresses and names if you are still in need of them. You chose a GREAT activity!!

Elliot and Traci said...

Haha that Satan drawing cracks me up!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...