Tuesday, March 8, 2011

F.I.V.E.

It seems like the birthdays just keep comin' at our house. I'm really feelin' it this year {and like everything else I can't keep up with I'm blaming it on the pregnancy.} Another thing to blame on the extra hormones raging inside me is the extreme emotional state I find myself in.

How did Spence get to be so big? I'm so proud of him and the wonderful boy he is growing up to be. He has been a joy to raise. He is easy going, generally happy, quick to smile & laugh and adorable. He's my brown sugar.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUPER SPENCE!






Eating individual birthday cakes from Sister Noble

We had a party after dinner. Since Spence is obsessed with Super Heros we played "Super Hero Charades." We should have just had Spencer act them all out, he was very serious and very into it. :)









We also played the classic "Who Knows Best." We all answered the 5 questions about Spencer to see who knows him the best:

1. What is his favorite color? {Green}
2. Who is his favorite Super Hero? {Wolverine}
3. What does Spencer want to be when he grows up? {anything a boy can be!}
4. What is he most excited to do in kindergarten {RECESS!}
5. Who is his BFF? {Luke - we were all shocked! He explained that Braxton is his BFF AND cousin. Apparently there are 2 separate categories.}

[ps mom knows him best. :D]


Again his siblings were uBer thoughtful with their recycled presents {extra messages and extra strong tape.}



So I finally learned something about birthday cakes. Spencer really wanted to be involved with the frosting/decorating process. It was his birthday so how could I say no? So it wasn't the best cake presentation ever but he loved every minute of it and he was proud of his cake. And I realized that is what is important. Thus born the NEW birthday cake philosophy.



Birthday Noteable: Kurt agreed to the purchase of a outdoor TRAMPOLINE! Pics to come.
Happy, Happy Birthday Spencer ~ WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

mom said...

I didn't know Wolverine was Spence's favorite super hero nor his favorite color is green! Learn something new everyday! I'm happy to know that! I'm happy Spence's is in this family and I'm happy Rachel blogs! We love you Spencer!!!! Love you too Rachel!!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...