Sunday, March 6, 2011

Par-TAY!

On Saturday {the 5th} Spencer had a party for his 5th birthday. It has been the tradition that they can have a party with friends for their fifth birthday. So lets face it I'm tired and pregnant and pretty much just pregnant so I came up with the easy-out-birthday-party plan:

A few months ago I had purchased a local groupon for a BOUNCE house in Boise. It was valid for 5 guests. I decided this could be the perfect birthday party. Spencer invited 4 friends, we set a date, made invites and the hardiest part was over. Fabulous.

One friend was unable to come so we asked Austin to fill his spot. With the burban loaded full of boys (Spencer, Braxton, Colten, Trevor & Austin) we headed off to Boise. We got there 1/2 hour before it opened so we stopped for lunch at Dairy Queen.



Our timing was perfect. Just as we finished up the BOUNCE house opened. We spent the next 2 hours bouncing, running, climbing and jumping to our hearts content. It is a fun place. I have to admit that I got in on the action {how could you not??!!! One dad even told me I was crazy. Whatever!} One of the favorites was a relay course. Austin challenged me to a race my first time through. Let's just say that my large belly did not help me gain speed during the crawl through tunnel. He enjoyed his victory. :)






Another favorite


BFF




I love the different expressions of each kid. It totally fits their personality.

We had a really fun time! All the boys were really well behaved. I appreciate their good manners. Naturally Austin had to prep them for elementary school with some potty humor during the car ride but little boy giggles always make me smile.

YAY for simple parties that make everyone happy! Thanks for a great day Spencer & friends!

1 comment:

mom said...

Smart choice Rachel! Looks like it was a memorable time and a real knock punch of a good time! Happy 5th Birthday sweet Spence!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...