Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dancing Queen

It was a dancing weekend for Emma Lynn. The clogging recital was tonight. She was a lot more nervous for this performance. When we pulled into the parking lot and she saw all the cars she said, "Oh no. There are too many people here. I don't want them looking at me."

But without any fuss or drama she got on the stage and did her dances. It is remarkable to think of the progress she has made. After it was over she told me. "I want to have another performance. It is so fun to get on stage!" Yay, my girl is a dancer! So proud of you Miss Em.

It also must be noted that my daughter loved the opportunity to wear make-up two nights in a row. As I was driving over to Nyssa {where the clogging recital took place} I looked in the rear view mirror at my six year old daughter and had a flash forward to her teenage years. Yikes! Those blue eyes with mascara might get me in trouble.



The Wild Horses Clogging Class

I put this costume together, it was fun to get involved in a small way again.


The group number, "Cadillac Cowboy."


"Tie a Yellow Ribbon."


Costume change for "Million Dollar Smile."

2 comments:

'T' said...

lovely! wonderful dancing and beautiful costumes.

mom said...

Adorable! Did you video it????? Good costumes Rachel!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...