Friday, May 20, 2011

Schools Out FOREVER!!

Today was the LAST day of the school year! It seems so surreal to me. The year kind of just flew by. Don't get me wrong, I AM HAPPY! Overjoyed, elated, ecstatic, and super-duper happy that summer has OFFICIALLY started! I can have my kids back and the schedule can disappear. That's heaven to me.

Spencer, Ruth and I prepared for my favorite celebration of the year, our third annual "School's Out 4 Summer Party!" We made a banner, wrapped graduation presents, made cookies and decorated. Friday is Keri's day to bring the kids home so we had the house all ready when they pulled up.



They both ran through the tape to get into the house to symbolize the START of summer (another tradition.)





Austin's presents for completing a fabulous year in second grade was a junker bike (I had new tires put on it and spray painted it black - pretty sure he wouldn't be excited about learning to ride on a pink bike. I have to say it looks pretty ghetto fabulous! But it also came with the promise that when he learns to master bike riding he can pick out a new bike of his choice. He also got a new book and a Rubik cube game.



Emma Lynn's present for completing a fantastic kindergarten year was a book I had made for her of all the art work she has done as a 5 and 6 year old. It is a great way to have a record of all her paintings and projects without having to keep them all. And its a pretty cool portfolio too. She also got a new marker set too. :)

We rocked out to Alice Cooper's classic, "School's Out for Summer."


We ate cookies while creating chalk masterpieces. The weather was perfect.


This picture kind of sums up the freedom of summer. Liberation is a wonderful feeling.


It has been a great school year. A year of transition as both kids made moves to a new school mid year. They handled big decisions well and transitioned gracefully. They are both so happy with 4 Rivers. I am grateful for wonderful teachers and the positive influence they have in my children's life.

But still summer is MOM'S time. I'm ready. My favorite line of the song is, "school's out FOR-EVER." That is definitely our summer motto. The 65 days of summer poster has been made - we are ready to PLAY and make MEMORIES!

SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER!!!

3 comments:

'T' said...

happy summer!

mom said...

Love the leg warmers Emma Lynn! Great pics!!! School's out for suuummmmmeeerrrrrr!

stalker sarah said...

HOW FUN!!!! You are such a great mom! That is such an awesome idea! Your kids are PRECIOUS! :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...